Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Baby Picture

Out the door this morning at 6:35
60 degrees with low hanging clouds and sun
Sunrise 6:30

Walking down toward the main road I stopped to take this picture.
On the way back home stopped in the same spot and took this picture.
At the main road turned left and walked to town.
Stopped at the post office and dropped mail down the slot.
Continued walking around town,
then over to the lower cemetery.
Walked around there and then back home again.
No people or animals again
except for lots of birds.
     🚶‍♀️     🚶‍♀️
No breakfast at home this morning.
It was Baby Blanket day at church.
12 of us were there today.
Donna brought us bagels and juice for breakfast
and Pam gave the devotional.
This week we brought a baby picture of ourselves
and put them out on the table.
It was fun trying to figure out which picture was who.
This is the picture I brought of myself.
Me at 4 months
After all that it was finally time to work on the blankets.
I look forward to Baby Blanket day.
It is always a good time.

This afternoon I sat out on the front porch and got some 
more reading done.
Ken and I ate some watermelon out there too.

When I go out in the morning it is hard for me to get
motivated to get any work done.

After supper took a little walk around Happy Trails.

Hope you had a happy and sunny day 
or a rainy one if you need rain!!
Live is Good
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
HTP - I use Bluetooth to get the pictures off the phone onto my computer.

20 comments:

Vee said...

Well now, you have always been a cutie pie! How well did you do? Were you able to match the babies to the adults? Was there a prize? 😊

It was a good day even if I slept most of it away...

Rose said...

My first thought was you were a cute baby! Better still, you looked like a happy baby. I don't think I would have noticed that the two photos were the same view had you not told.

Tom said...

...what a smily little thing you were!

Carol W. said...

What an adorable baby picture of you! I'm glad baby blanket day is a fun time for you! God bless you both!

William Kendall said...

Terrific baby picture!

What a difference a bit of time can make for a location.

Happy@Home said...

Aww, what a cutie pie you were as a baby. That sounds like a fun game.
The scenery on your walk is so pretty today. I think I am seeing some fall color on some of the trees in the third photo?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Cute baby picture. I understand about not getting motivated at home after being out in the morning. I feel the same way. I need to get started in the morning to get things done.

Joyful said...

All of your photos are beautiful but I especially like the first one. Once I go out for errands I too have a problem getting anything done at home.Some weeks are a loss in this area altogether but other things must also get done. I love your baby picture. How happy you are in the photo and I think it has carried through your life. Baby Blanket Day sounds like a good time with other women and also for a good cause.

Sandi said...

4 months old!

Time flies.

Hill Top Post said...

You were Happy One back then, too! And, look at those cute little feet. I'm sure the just couldn't wait to get to walking. I love today's pictures!

Adam said...

My sister in law is upset that her youngest is now starting to be a toddler rather than a baby.

Granny Marigold said...

That's such a cute picture. You sure looked happy too.

Kerin said...

Super sweet picture of you!
Lucky to have a picture of yourself at that age...my folks took 'slides' and I doubt any of us 6 kids have a baby picture.

Hope you have a happy day too.
It would great for us to get some rain~ keeping my fingers crossed :)

~K.

Sue said...

What a cute baby photo, I love to see babies smiling, it tells me they are healthy and happy!. I think having a group like this is wonderful, Christian fellowship is so needed for us today!
Have a blessed day.
Sue

Lisa said...

Cute baby! Even then, those feet looked made or walking. haha.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

What a sweet and happy baby photo of you. I'm playing a little catch up while I wait for the influx of guests for the weekend. Have a good weekend.

Bill said...

You knew how to smile for the camera. :)

Debby Ray said...

Look at that cute little dimple...what an adorable baby you were! I have played that game before....fun trying to figure out who's who!

Retired Knitter said...

You were a cutie!!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a great baby picture of you :)

All the best Jan