Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Foggy morning

Out walking this morning at 6:40
64 degrees and foggy
Sunrise 6:29

On this foggy morning
I walked to town.
Walked through town to the ball park and walked around that
loop a couple of times.

Continued walking around town and then back towards home.

Very quiet through town, didn't see people or animals.
 Always nice to start the day with a walk.
🙂
We enjoyed those slices of English muffin loaf toast for breakfast.
I had mine with butter and raspberry jam
and a glass of milk.








The latest weave-it Baby Blanket is a purple and white gingham.



We've been watching a mud dauber build its nest on the side of our
house on the porch near the ceiling.
We've never seen such a long section before.
It's about 16 inches long.

The only work I did today was the usual daily house chores.

The latest book I'm reading is Cemetery Road by Greg Iles.
I'm liking it and read quite a bit of it today.
Though it is a large print book it has just over 1,000 pages in it
so it's a good thing that it is good!

Rained during the morning but saw the sun and blue skies this afternoon.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Yes, most of the farmers around here grow the corn for feed.  

JC - I agree, an umbrella wouldn't be much good for a pit bull attack.  Don't think I'd walk past that house!!!  I carry pepper spray with me, and hopefully will never have to use it.

16 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

You got some nice foggy morning pictures. I really need to learn how to download pictures off of my iPhone to the computer. Is there an app or something? You seem quite savvy with all this technology "stuff." (An appropriate word here!) The blanket turned out so nice in purple.

Vee said...

Very atmospheric photos of the mysterious fog.

William Kendall said...

The flowers are cheerful.

Rose said...

Beautiful fog shot...and beautiful baby blanket, too. They look so soft, and warm.

I have never in my life seen a mud dauber nest that long! And believe me I have watched and seen plenty. That is so cool.

Tom said...

...cool evenings produce some beautiful foggy starts to the day, you know that fall is coming soon.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

A pit bull attacked my daughter's sweet dog. The vet bills have reached $5000, but Reckless is finally recovering. Please be careful if you see a dog coming at you. Be safe.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You know I like those foggy scenes. The baby blanket is lovely as well.

Sue said...

I love foggy mornings, your baby blanket is so lovely! We have lots of mud daubers here too, they build their nests in my window seals, they are so hard to remove when I wash windows.
Blessings,
Sue

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That was a good summer day! The kind we enjoy now that we’re home in Oregon (where it is also not all that hot, thankfully).

Granny Marigold said...

Having been stung by a wasp recently my first thought when I saw that mud dauber's nest was for your safety but then I was reading about the mud dauber and found out they are far less aggressive than other wasps.

Adam said...

I saw nests like that in an old storage building.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty foggy scenes. I have never seen those mud dauber nest, it is interesting. The baby blanket is pretty and I love the flowers. Wishing you a happy day!

Phoebes World said...

There's those red barns again.... they look even more pretty in the mist.
I love coming on your walks with you..I wish it was as cool here when I go on mine
Phoebe x

Kerin said...

Love those foggy mornings that you're having there; so pretty.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Sandi said...

Love the foggy morning shots!

I have never seen a dauber nest like that either. Maybe it's because they could not go side to side.

Bill said...

I love foggy mornings, it adds a little bit of mystery to the scene. Nice blanket, I like the colour.