Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Deer and fawns


62 degrees this morning and sunny with no wind.

The neighbor cows are usually in a group some where around the farm,
but this morning they were spread out all over the place.
A walk to town to the post office.
Mailed off a Netflix.
We watched old show called
Perfect Strangers.
Disc number one had four shows and we watched all of them.
A silly show but we enjoyed it and laughed a lot.

Walked up and down the side streets in town and then
headed back home again.
A quiet walk around town.
🦋     🦋
Ken went outside to move rocks around.
He's working on another project.
I was inside getting house stuff done.

Then went out back to work on clearing the woods but
I mostly walked around and did very little work.

Quickly ran and got my clothes off the line when a thunder
storm came upon us.
We sat on the porch while it passed which wasn't all that long.

As happens most days the deer came by again.
This time the two moms and the three fawns all at the same time.

Hope your Tuesday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

18 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a perfect scene! Living outside of town certainly has its perks.

Michelle said...

It's been a good Tuesday here. Walked for an hour myself, this morning. Too hot to walk any other time, lately. Seeing a lot of fawns around our country roads. They are sweet.

Adam said...

I've never heard of the show.

Rose said...

I would love to be able to sit and watch the deer. And the storm. I always used to like to sit outside when it was storming or be in the barn.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to see the deer.

Tom said...

...that deer family loves your place!

Angie said...

You live in a lovely place. Sometimes I think I will start hanging my clothes out to dry, but somehow I just never get around to it! Yes, the fawns have started coming out of hiding - they amuse me with their awkward legs … Happy Fourth of July!

Hill Top Post said...

I enjoyed your pictures today - kind of a different prospective of the day! Sometimes it is good just to walk around and look at things.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You got me again ... I looked for ages in the first picture for the deer and fawns hiding behind the trees as your title suggested. Eventually, I found them in the second photo.

God bless.

Natalia said...

Beautufil scenery!:)

Vee said...

Your corner looks so idyllic! Watch out for deer ticks now! Both my nephew-in-law and his mother were diagnosed with Lyme disease this week so it is fresh on my mind. Knowing that I have a lot of deer in my yard, I, too, am having to be on the alert.

Happy@Home said...

How fun to watch the little deer family. Those storms sure can pop up fast, can't they?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Look at those deer...they are so beautiful! How nice to be able to see them and enjoy them. LOVE the clouds in your new banner too! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Debby Ray said...

Oh how I love to see those sweet deer and their fawns! I have some purple verbena just like yours growing in my planters too!

Retired Knitter said...

Love the wild life right outside your door.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, The deer are so interesting. Yes, I found the bunny! :-) Wonderful sky photos on June 29 and 30. Happy 4th to you and Ken.

William Kendall said...

Deer are always a welcome sight to see.

Lowcarb team member said...

The deer are lovely, nice to see.

All the best Jan