Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 01, 2019

Can you find the bunny?

This morning the temperature was 52 degrees with no wind.
It was another morning when the sun was shining and I walked
through a cloud.
It was another walk to town and over to the ball park and
walked around the loop there.
Stopped in at the old house, then walked around town 
before heading back home.

Pretty quiet around town, but I did see Dwayne (Lisa's husband)
out walking and stopped for a little chat.

Can you spot the bunny hiding in this picture?
He's in the middle of the picture.
The last bunch of mornings walking by I've seen him in the drainage
ditch in the rocks.  He usually runs away before I can get a
picture, but today I managed to capture him.
 ๐Ÿž     ๐Ÿž
It was a beautiful sunny morning and I wanted to be outside but
there was some house work that I just had to do first.
 I baked the last batch of chocolate chip cookies for the Bible Time (next week)
kids.  Now I have 20 1/2 dozen all set to go. 
 That took all morning but after lunch
I went outside. 

No wind today so Ken got a fire going and we burned a bunch of stuff.
While doing that I cleared more of the woods out back.

While working the twin fawns turned up to see what we were doing.
They stayed a while and then off they went.
About a half hour later, their mom showed up out back and
we saw the twins run up to her.
They all stayed a while and then just walked off farther in the woods.
Sure is nice that the deer are sharing their woods with us!

Hope your Monday was a happy one.
Life is Good
๐Ÿฅฐ

13 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When you said, "Can you find the bunny?" I serached for ten minutes in the first photo and could not find him. Little did I know he moved to the second photo!

God bless.

Nawm D Gerr said...

I saw an article about a deer that had triplets in Montana and one of them was albino fawn!

Tom said...

...like Victor I thought at first that the rabbit was in the first picture and I thought oh really. Yep I found him!

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, I spotted it.

Vee said...

Interesting that Mother Deer and twin fawns are not always together. She must be training them to be on their own. (I didn’t read Bambi for nothing. ๐ŸฆŒ)

It took me awhile and all your hints to find the rabbit. He hides very well.

The children probably don’t appreciate all that goes into their having homemade cookies, but I do. And I am glad that they have them over some nondescript packaged cookies.

Ivy Green said...

Mother Nature is expert at camouflage.

Rose said...

I glanced at the first pic, too, but quickly moved to the second and saw it right away. I think the deer are going to be friends and totally used to you before long.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That bunny is well hidden or rather,I should say well camouflaged.

Dianna said...

Love your Happy Zone! It was a beautiful morning for our walk this morning. I think our temperature was around 58 when we left the house. I'm getting closer to that two-mile mark every day. :)

We had some severe thunderstorms Saturday night. We lost power briefly but not any trees down or anything around here. Yesterday morning on the way to church there were places where a LOT of gravel and larger stones had been washed into the roads because of how fast the rain was coming down.

I had a wonderful Monday...made Gooseberry Jam today. :)

Adam said...

The bunny blends in really well.

Granny Marigold said...

I had to enlarge the picture in order to spot the bunny but I managed!

That's a LOT of choc. chip cookies!! I'm sure they will be appreciated by the children.

William Kendall said...

I found him or her.

Debby Ray said...

I do see the bunny! We love to watch the deer too...they come up in our driveway often and have no idea we can see them. Love the last picture! Happy Independence Day, Karen!