Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Wednesday

64 degrees, mostly cloudy with a little sun now and then.
A bit of a breeze too.
Walked to town and up the side streets to the ball park and walked
the loop there.
Then over to the cemeteries and walked around both of them.
Went down to see the bull and both are now gone and don't think they will be back.
A few rabbits around and the geese were at the town pond.
The corn is coming along nicely and is about up to my hip.
You can now hear the wind blowing through the corn.
It has a sound all its own.
Continued my walk around town until I had 6 miles in.

My walking friend Kathy, who usually walks later in the morning, was
in town early today and I walked a mile or so with her.
Haven't seen her for quite a while so we had a nice chat.
She started out walking 3 miles and told me that she is
now up to 4 1/5 miles!

Ken came to town this morning so I got a ride back home with him.
 ðŸŒ¸     🌼     🦋
It was that time again to get the lawn mowed at the old house,
so late morning when things dried out we went and got that over with.
I mowed again and Ken did the trimming.
That was the only outside work I did today.

I sewed another strip of weave-it squares together and then
on to the other 5 rows.
Also got some reading done.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🥰

14 comments:

Vee said...

Wow...your friend is up a mile and a half since she began! You must be a good influence. I walk with a cane now so walking great distances would be quite the challenge. Perhaps one day! That lawn mowing chore sure comes around more often than you two would like.

Rose said...

I love all those lilies! So beautiful. As are the flowers near the end...I know their name but cannot say it for the life of me.

William Kendall said...

I do like that cemetery view.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures. The jumble of wildflowers is so pretty.

Adam said...

I barely want to cut one yard, let alone two.

Tom said...

...the mixed flowers are a winner!

Connie said...

How nice to have a friend to walk and talk with. I absolutely love the flower be photos. Happy 4th of July!

NanaDiana said...

You are so faithful with your walking and I know that is so good for a person. Those lilies are gorgeous. I hope you have a great night- xo Diana

Happy@Home said...

Your flower photos are so clear and colorful. Really pretty. I think you must be a great inspiration to Kathy.

Granny Marigold said...

The Daylilies in the foreground and the cemetery in the distance makes for a great picture! Happy 4th to you and Ken.

Dianna said...

Lovely flower pictures in today's post, Karen. I always enjoy reading about your walks.

Carol W. said...

I love your pictures of the lilies, esp the first picture of the day lilies! Thanks for sharing!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- very nice photos there from this mornings walk- hope you have a buyer soon for your old house...summer certainly sounds the right time to try and sell. Regards. KEV.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such pretty flowers in your photographs.

All the best Jan