Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Butterflies

Temperature 64 degrees F. with sun and clouds
when I started out on my morning walk.
Another walk to and around town ending up at the old house.

The pond down by the Drane house looks quite a bit over grown.
Saw the woman and her dog Max again but they were too far away to say hi to.
Another walker I haven't see before was walking around the ball park loop.

Met Ken at the old house to do a little cleaning up.
Ken power washed the back of the house and I vacuumed the inside.
Tomorrow the home inspector arrives.
Hope all goes well.
We can't think of any problems that he might find.

 Lots of bees and butterflies were by the cone flowers
in the front of the old house and I was able to get a couple of pretty good pictures
of a swallowtail and a monarch.


Home in the afternoon and I had to get a bit of house cleaning done.

Nice to find some time to sit and read too.
Oh by the way, I found a nickel today. 🙂

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose - No, don't like ALL flavors of ice cream. I like all kinds that are chocolate, but not anything with nuts in it.  Like plan vanilla too.

Vee - No, I've never given the horses a sugar cube or a carrot.  Yes, I'd ask first but don't really want to start. Most of the time they are just happy to have me pet them.

15 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful butterfly photos!!
With all of the TLC you two show your houses, I am sure the inspection will go very smooth.

Adam said...

Those look like they belong on a calendar, well done.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty butterflies.

Rose said...

Gorgeous butterfly pictures! I have finally saw a few monarchs but nothing like last year. Love that first shot, too. Hope the home inspection goes well.

Tom said...

...I've seem a number of swallowtail, but the monarch fly around so quickly for me!.

Vee said...

the monarchs on the flowers are beautiful...

praying 🙏🏼

Hill Top Post said...

Wow on your pictures today! All of them are just wonderful, but the one of the monarch and the coneflowers gets my vote for photo of the day!

Angie said...

We are so blessed to have cool mornings in Montana, with very little humidity. I went running yesterday morning at 8 am in long pants and with a long-sleeve shirt and I was actually cold for the first few miles! You are so blessed to capture a swallowtail and monarch. We don't seem to get those fancy butterflies around here!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The flowers and butterflies are beautiful. I hope all goes well with the inspection. Wishing you a happy day!

Lisa said...

Those are some beautiful butterfly shots. I have a butterfly bush that is covered in butterflies. I put some lemon slices in the bird bath next to it and they like that too.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

We have been having a lot of butterflies but have yet to see a monarch...they mowed off the milkweed in the area where I always see them...I was so upset! Lovely photos!

Kerin said...

Very pretty picture!

Sending best of luck wishes with the inspection; it will all go well, I'm sure.

~K.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful butterfly shots.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful butterflies and coneflowers …

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Sounds like things are progressing well on the home sale. As I type I pray that all will come to a good conclusion with the sale going through. Lovely butterfly shots!