Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 29, 2019

A new flavor

64 degrees this morning, sunny, and just a bit of a breeze.

Walked to town and walked around the ball park loop first.
Then on over to the cemeteries and walked around them a couple of times.

Then down the hill to the Drane house and snapped this picture of one of the horses.
She just ignored me and kept right on eating.
 Here I'm walking down the from the cemetery back to town and the main road.


Saw quite a few deer and rabbits as I do most days.

Came across the woman walking her dog again up around the cemetery. 
Still don't know her name but I did meet her dog.
His name is Max and he is a nice friendly dog.

Walked around the streets in town till I had my 6 miles in and then went over to the old house.
Ken met me there and he got all the trimming done while I mowed the lawn.
We were there most of the day.
We needed to have a radon gas vent put in at the old house and the guy was there doing that today.

Had our usual Monday supper of pizza out at Brenda's.

Discovered a new flavor of ice cream and had some last night.
Turkey Hill brand called Triopolitan Triple Chocolate (a trio of milk, dark and chocolate ice cream).
It also has little chocolate chips in it.
I'll be having it again later this evening.
I think I just might have another favorite flavor.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I've always thought that Turkey Hill was a strange name for an ice cream company. This is a lovely time to see Queen Anne's lace.

Rose said...

I love the long shadows in the second shot...and glad to see a horse in the first.

I have not see the brand Turkey Hill...but I mostly go to Walmart and our smaller IGA. I wonder if Krogers might have it.

Are you like me, all ice cream is a favorite, just some more than others?

William Kendall said...

The horse is a tranquil sight.

Happy@Home said...

Hard to go wrong with triple chocolate and those chocolate chips sound like a nice addition :).

Hill Top Post said...

I can't think of any ice cream flavor that I don't like...hmmmm! This was definitely a year for Queen Anne's Lace, but, sadly ours is long gone now. The corn is ripening fast. You have photographed it well.

Vee said...

The ice cream does sound good. My favorite is Caramel Caribou from Giffords, but these days creamy, smooth, and cold tastes especially good. Do you ever take a sugar cube or a carrot for the horse along? I suppose that would require permission from the farmer.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The ice cream flavor does sound yummy. I would like it, all that chocolate.
Pretty capture of the horse. Have a happy day and great week ahead.

Lisa said...

Wait...Chocolate on top of chocolate on chocolate with chocolate chips? I’m in!
Lisa

Sandi said...

I love these simple scenes, especially the second one.

Kerin said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

I do love ice cream, and I really love chocolate ice cream!

Smiles :)
~K.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Doesn't corn look wonderful and inviting.

God bless.

Michelle said...

We have quite a bit of Queen Anne's Lace around our farm. I think it is so beautiful and often use it in arrangements in the house. That ice cream does sound delicious. I love chocolate!

Adam said...

I saw a pizza place I never knew existed in a town in my county I never travel to. Curious about checking it out eventually.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love all the lovely pictures. AS for the ice-cream, you really can't go wrong if it has enough chocolate in it. Love me some chocolate.

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful pics. The horse and the flowers in the last one.

Debby Ray said...

Turkey Hill really comes up with some great and unusual flavors...it sounds delicious!

ellen b. said...

That ice cream combination sounds very good. Sad but true although I love ice cream it does not agree with me. boohoo!