Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Wednesday

61 degrees this morning, cloudy, and windy when I left on my walk.
Went to town and around both cemeteries.

Went to visit the two bulls again.
They were eating but did stop and look up when I said Good Morning to them.
Happy to see bluebirds.
I've been seeing them around once in a while.
When walking down country roads here 
most people wave even if you don't know the person.
On the way home a white jeep passes by me most days.
I have been waving and smiling at him for weeks now
 but he never waves back.
That changed today, he finally waved back. 😃

This picture was taken walking along the highway.
That stone there on the left looks like a gravestone to me
and with the wild daisies growing there,
makes me think of the saying, 'pushing up daisies.'
Taken just down the road from my house.

Temperature stayed in the low 60's and was cloudy all morning.
Ken worked on some drainage issues along the front driveway
digging a ditch along one side.
We will be putting some of that black flexible pipe in and
then bury it.  We plan to get the driveway paved before winter.
It will be so much easier keeping it cleared of snow.

I was inside this morning doing house stuff.
Planned on going out after lunch but it started raining
so never made it outside.
Got some reading done and a few more squares made.
Will be finished with the latest baby blanket this evening.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

16 comments:

Vee said...

Once again, we shared similar weather right down to the rain. So you wore the old duffa down...good for you. Next thing we'll hear is that you've met him. Have you looked at that daisies and stones spot more closely? I'd have to check to see if it was a gravestone because I like cemeteries and gravestones.

Tom said...

...sometimes you have to be persistent with yout waving!

William Kendall said...

The bulls must be getting used to you.

Rose said...

That sure does look like a gravestone....or a marker of some sort. But at first glance I thought I could faintly see writing. But it must have been my imagination. That is a pretty picture with the daisies...

Sandi said...

So peaceful...

Ruth Hiebert said...

That temperature sounds great. We have had a heat wave recently and with it comes dry weather. We need a good rain. Have a wonderful evening, or what's left of it.

Granny Marigold said...

Your reluctant waver in the white Jeep made me think of my standoffish Scotsman whom we still meet walking in his lovely outfit and looking grand. He eventually would greet us when we said Good Morning and the other day he even said a little more ( explaining that the dog he walks is actually his daughter's).

Dianna said...

I'm so glad to read that the man in the white Jeep finally waved. You are a good example of how to treat others, Karen. :)

Glad you had a good day! I did also.

Adam said...

I need to get the weed wacker and make quick work out of the grass in the ditch. I'm sure the water rises more with more grass in the way.

Hill Top Post said...

Now, I am wondering why the blue tractor is stopped in the field - broken down, out of fuel, field too wet, etc. :~) You do live in a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that that man waved back at you, I believe when we smile and are kind to others a lot of good comes from that!

Those are beautiful scenes!

I love going on a walk with my wife, hearing the rain, and watching and listening to the birds outside! I find that very peaceful!

God Bless!

Lon

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice to hear the jeep man finally waved back. Maybe next the cows will "moo" hello to you! Pretty scenes and photos. Enjoy your day!

Sue said...

Diligence certainly paid off with the truck driver,I wonder if he is a local! let us know if you explore the grave stone! Your walks are so inspiring, we finally got some much needed rain last evening.Yay!
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Sue

Inger said...

Good for you to not give up waving. Here people who drive Jeeps wave at each other. Just like people on the water, sailing or boating in general always do. It's sort of nice to belong to the Jeep club.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that he finally waved to you :)

All the best Jan