Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Peekaboo

A beautiful sunny morning walk today, no wind and 41 degrees.
Walked the Hilly Loop.
Took a couple of pictures along my way.
No cars passed me till I got to the highway.

Saw a few deer, one which snorted at me and then ran in the woods.
Walking up the last hill and just about to my driveway
 I stopped to take a picture of one of my neighbor cows.
They pretty much stay together but this one wandered off on her own.
Walked up my driveway and over to the stone wall and there peeking
out at me sat a chipmunk.
Thought for sure he would run away before I got my phone out
to take his picture but he didn't and I took his picture.
Can you find him?  It is a bit like Finding Waldo.
Will tell you were he is at the end of the post.
 ๐Ÿฟ     ๐Ÿฟ
Did a load of laundry and got that out on the line first thing this morning.
Then we went to church and loaded up all the boxes (59) of Romans books
in the trailer.  We will be taking them down to Stauntan, Va one day soon
and picking up another pallet of them to do.

Stopped in at Walmart to do a little food shopping
and we had lunch at Taco Bell.
Taco Salads

Back home we worked outside again out back.
Me clearing and Ken building more stone walls.

Ken made us supper tonight.
BLT's

I was looking out of the back window just a little bit ago
and saw the baby deer.
It ran off farther in the woods and then Mom
came down closer to the house.
I watched as she walked up to the stone bridge
and walked right across it.
How cool was that!!

That's it till next time...

Hope your day was a good one!
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment Replies:
Rose - I can't be sure but would say yes, the bulls in yesterdays picture are fully grown.  They sure seem big!

Dianna - I actually did take a picture of Ken driving the tractor over the bridge.  I used his phone and it is on his computer.  I'll post it on my blog in the next day or two if Ken gives it to me.
๐Ÿฟ     ๐Ÿฟ
If you couldn't find the chipmunk in the picture
he is peeking out at the bottom of the BIG rock.
๐Ÿฟ     ๐Ÿฟ  

18 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That Chipmunk is well hidden. I even enlarged the picture and still couldn't see him.

Hill Top Post said...

My how the grasses are growing. I don't mind the road department coming out to mow, but I detest their practice of spraying the road sides with chemicals to kill the plants. At one time Crimson Clover and Queen Anne's Lace, and a host of other wild flowers, bloomed along the county roads. Your chipmunk has found himself a nice safe haven, for sure. Having the stone bridge completely must make everyone happy - even the deer!

Tom said...

...that little fellows blends right on.

Vee said...

I couldn’t find him and I am not sure that I have even with directions. A picture of the deer crossing the bridge would be cool.

William Kendall said...

Ah, there he is!

Rose said...

I did find him...took me a second though. Love that second shot...

Granny Marigold said...

It must have been quite something watching that mama deer walk right over the bridge.

Dianna said...

I had to wait until the end of the post to find out where the chipmunk was! Carroll just said the other day that we hadn't been bothered with chipmunks this year and don't you know it, the very next day we saw one and I think we've seen one every day since. :)

I hope that Ken will let you put the picture on the blog. That would be so cool to see. When our son was homeschooling our grandgirls the oldest one had to build an arched bridge (they used popsicle sticks, I think) and once everything was set up she had to be able to stand on it. I found it amazing how that works!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cow photo! It took awhile but I found the chipmunk. Beautiful photos.
Wishing you a happy day!

Sandi said...


So lovely!

Henny Penny said...

I could not find the chipmunk. Bet he thinks you all built that rock wall just for him. I've been missing you. My fault of course. I need to spend more time at the computer. Your pictures are always so pretty. I think about you every time I walk past our natural fence. :) I'm looking forward to working on it more this fall.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I had to go back to find the chipmunk! How cute is that! Enjoy your day! Wish I was there walking with you....with a jacket on! heehee! Hugs!

Melanie said...

Finally getting in to check on you. Love your walks and photos. A snorting deer....I guess it told you to stay away! You have lovely places to walk.

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Debby Ray said...

Lovely, lovely photos of your morning walk. What I thought was the chipmunk wasn't...but I was close! LOL!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! How nice to have little chipmunks about! I took a walk this morning, too. It's so pretty outside right now.

Adam said...

I haven't been in a Taco Bell so long, I don't even know what the inside looks like.

Lowcarb team member said...

The chipmunk is certainly well hidden :)

All the best Jan