Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 06, 2019

Thursday

Another cloudy 61 degree morning for walking.
Looked and felt like rain so took along my umbrella
but never had to put it up.
Walked to town again and went to the post office to drop
some mail down the slot.
Continued to the ball park and walked around the loop there.
A stop at the old house before heading back home.

All quiet around town this morning.
🚌     🚜     🏠
Made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Then got the meatloaf made and in the crock pot for supper.
We had roasted potatoes and beets along with it this evening.
Tried a new recipe, no crust key lime pie but it didn't turn
out so great.  I didn't like it but Ken thought it was good. 
Didn't get the baby blanket finished last night like I thought
but did finish it today.
It is the dark red and tan one.
We went to the local lumber store in town and bought
100 feet of perforated flexible black drainage pipe
and laid it in the trench that Ken dug yesterday along the edge of the driveway.
Wanted to get a load of stone to put over it but the day ended
before we were able to get that done.
So that will be one of tomorrows jobs.

It was cloudy and cool all morning but after lunch
the sun came out and it got up to 70 so it was a beautiful day after all.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose and Sue - The 'gravestone' from yesterday may look like one but it is definitely NOT
one.  It is just part of the mountain rock along the road.  Here are a couple pictures of the rocks from near by showing the rocks.  Some of the layers look like someone made walls but it is just natural. 

Sue - Yes, the white jeep is local.

16 comments:

Rose said...

This sounds like a wonderful temp to walk in. It has been hot and humid here.

Anonymous said...

70 degrees is a great temperature for walking, I don't like being out walking when the temperatures are too hot!

Tom said...

...your weather sounds the same as we have had here in Buffalo today. What a gorgeous day.

William Kendall said...

I like the mood to that shot.

Granny Marigold said...

No crust key lime pie sounds good, too bad it wasn't all you'd hoped it would be. At least Ken liked it. We don't often see key limes in stores here but I suppose one could make such a pie with regular limes... or lemons. I'm always looking for no crust recipes so I may look up some recipes. What didn't you like about yours?

Dianna said...

You had a lovely day and your supper for this evening sounds SO good. We really enjoy roasted beets too! I'm sorry your key lime pie didn't turn out the way you wanted. I am going to make a strawberry rhubarb cheesecake pie for this weekend and I hope it turns out. I made it for a family recently when the wife had surgery. They said it was good so wish me luck. :)

Sandi said...

Love that view!

Connie said...

Sorry about your pie. That happened to me a while back . . . Made a pie that I wasn't too proud of, LOL. Do you always make your meatloaf in the Crock-Pot . . . I've never heard of that. I need to use my Crock-Pot more often, it certainly frees up the day.

NanaDiana said...

What a great walk--and glad Mr White Jeep finally waved. You have a new friend. Now, if he ever sees you caught in a storm he might give you a ride. lol

Hope you have a wonderful night. xo Diana

Angie said...

MMMM... I must be hungry because all the food you mention sounds tasty, especially the pancakes! Enjoy your weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You should leave some blueberry pancakes photos for us to taste.

I'm hungry now.

God bless.

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely natural stone wall, I love when you find that sort of thing unexpectedly.
Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, What a pretty view in the first photo. I never tried meatloaf in the crockpot. Sounds yummy. Blueberry pancakes are my favorite. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend!

Vee said...

Beautiful days...

That meatloaf in the crockpot...hmmm...I may have to copy you it sounds so good.

Adam said...

Nice pictures

Lowcarb team member said...

70 sounds a very nice temperature.
Our week has been quite mixed with some sunshine and heavy rain showers … it does make the garden grow!

All the best Jan