Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 07, 2019

Burying the pipe

Another cloudy morning walk but this time there was no
wind and the temperature was 58 degrees.

Saw this little bunny along the side of the road
and he would run up the side for a bit stop,
and when I caught up he would run a little more and stop again.
This went on for quite a while and then he finally
ran off into the bushes.
Walked to town this morning and went around both cemeteries.
Down to see the bulls again and they both had their heads in a pile of hay.  

On the side of the Drane house sits this old outhouse 
and then off the to left sits a newer blue version.
Seems funny to see it in the middle of the pasture like that!
Walked to the post office too and then to the ball park and walked
around the loop there.
From there I just walked up and down the side roads till I had
my 6 miles done.  
Finished my walk at the old house.
I gave it a quick vacuum and freshened things up a bit.

Ken picked me up on his way home from breakfast with Edd
and gave me a ride home.
🌺     🌺
Always those morning chores to get done around the house and got
those out of the way.

We took the trailer to the quarry and got a load of gravel
to cover the black pipe that we put in the ditch yesterday.
Me hard at work burying the pipe.
Did some more brush clearing out back.
You wouldn't believe all the sticker bushes I've got down.
They grow up trees and get all tangled.
I've taken a before picture and when I get done will take
an after and post them together.
It may not be for a while though.

The mama deer and baby came visiting again today and this time
brought along another mama and baby.
They played around in the area that I've cleared.
It's like they have their own park out there.
 It's fun watching them!!

 That's it for today.
Till next time.....
Hope your Friday is a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

15 comments:

Vee said...

A labor intensive day! The bubble over that bunny’s head: “Is she following me?” How fun to watch the does and fawns play. They are probably glad that you have such a nice area for them.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

LOL. I thought we might be getting a different story when I saw your title on burying the pipe (peace pipe?), but then laughed when I saw it really was a pipe!

Rose said...

I would love watching the deer...deer are just so beautiful. Sounds like a good day all in all.

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure are a worker bee!

Carol W. said...

I really like reading about your morning walks & I enjoy your photos. It looks beautiful where you live. You are both very blessed!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would love watching those deer. what a lovely sight to see. Owning a home is never ending work. Cute bunny. Have a great day and weekend!

Henny Penny said...

I didn't see the sweet bunny at first. I always enjoy your beautiful pictures. That is a wide outhouse. Must have been a fancy two-seater. :) I love all the rock around you new home. It is so beautiful there. Like the picture of you too. That's really good.

John's Island said...

Comments on recent posts: June 2nd ... Awesome sky photo! June 4th ... Love that first photo, hilly view. Neat photo to "find the chipmonk" ... I could not find her/him until I saw your instructions on where to look. :-) June 7th ... the Drane house is such a curiosity. Interesting bit of history along one of your walks. Recently your weather has been very similar to ours here in the Pacific Northwest. A happy weekend to you!

William Kendall said...

A cute rabbit!

Granny Marigold said...

Interesting outhouses. I have a coffee-table sort of book with all photos of neat outhouses. I grew up having to use one and although I am SO glad I don't have to any more, I still like seeing pics of them.

Sue said...

Most of the rabbits here scurry as soon as I come on the scene, like us you and ken are so busy, I used to think as I aged things would slow down, either they haven't or I have. LOL
Have a great weekend.
Sue

CountryMum said...

That looks like hard work!

Ruth Hiebert said...

To have the deer come to play so near your place must be a real treat.

Lowcarb team member said...

You certainly fill your day … that looks hard work!

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Good idea to lay that pipe. I like the look of that old outhouse a lot more then the honey buckets!