Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 08, 2019

Pink and Blue

The sky was a pretty pink and blue last night.
Now that the trees have leaves we can't see as much of the sky.
59 degrees this morning and a bit windy with cloudy skies
as I walked to town.
Went around the lower cemetery and then to the old house.
From there I walked through town again and home.
A very quiet Saturday.
🌳     🌳
We did see the sun this afternoon and we spent most of the day
outside working out back.

Ken has been on the tractor moving rocks around and I 
continued clearing brush.
While I was working the deer came by with her fawn and watched
me for a bit.  I was glad they didn't ran away.
They must be getting used to us and know we leave them alone.

We took a break and went to Subway for lunch.

Quit working around 3 and we at on the porch for a while.

I have a singer sewing machine that was my mothers.
I never did get the hang of sewing so have never used it.
Have been trying to give this away to someone and no one wanted
it till now.  Pam a friend from church sews and said she would be
interested in it.
Tomorrow after church her and her husband Len are coming to see it.
Hopefully they will be taking it home.
We have invited them to stay for lunch.
So today I made
chicken salad
macaroni salad
and chocolate cupcakes for dessert.
If the weather is nice and not too windy I thought it
would be nice to outside on the picnic table on the porch.

I think I'll have one of those cupcakes for my snack later
this evening!!

Well that's it for another day.
Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the pinks and blues in your sky, just beautiful to see.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I love your sky and I love your second shot, too. I would love having the deer...feel like I have said that before. Either I have or have thought it real strong.

John's Island said...

The pink sky is so pretty and I like the trees in there too. Your dinner tonight sounds good. Today I was reading the section of your blog called WALK. It is interesting to me to read about how you got started so long ago. I love the part about starting out with a prayer. I am going to start doing that. I noticed that you said your pace was about a 15 minute mile. My pace now is about a 17 minute mile. It seems to be a comfortable pace for me but I wonder if I'm pushing myself enough. Could you please tell me ... Do you think there would be much for me to gain by pushing ahead and trying to walk faster?

ellen b. said...

You had a productive day albeit quiet. Hope you are able to send that sewing machine off tomorrow!

Tom said...

...fewer people sew these days, the Amish are the exception!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful sky! My hubby had one of those old sewing machines and they are really sought after. I hope she takes it and gets good use out of it. Your lunch sounds yummy! Enjoy your weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't sew either but I have my mom's old Singer treadle machine and cherish it. For many years she sewed all my clothes on it. It sat under a window to provide the best light.

Carol W. said...

I used to see my own clothes, but that was many moons ago. Nothing fancy, just basic easy-sew patterns. I have a sewing machine that I acquired from a friend, but have never used it. Hope the couple takes your machine & puts it to good use. God bless you both.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Have a Happy Sunday. How come it is still Saturday where you are? Should we not all have the same days at the same time? Or perhaps you have not posted on Sunday yet, and it is in fact Sunday where you are.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty view of the sky, the pink color is lovely. My mother loved to sew, she even made Barbie doll clothes. I would love to see the deer and fawn in my yard. Lately I have been watching a bunny, it is getting used to seeing me outside. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Ruta M. said...

What a pretty sky. I too love watching the ever changing colours and shapes in the sky above. I hope your friend can make use of your sewing machine. It's good for both the planet and the spirit when such things can be re-used. I still use my mother's old electric sewing machine and made most of our curtains with it and things like cushion covers.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I congratulate you on your walking program- it takes a lot of self discipline and will power- I'm a little different my last 'great walking' was some 25 years ago about Lake Euchembean (in the Snowy Mountains)..yet, even then my walks about the park didn't amount to more than a mile or so each of the 23 days I spent there tenting. All power to you Karen. Regards. KEV.

Adam said...

Pretty sky

Vee said...

I see only the smallest patch of sky. In another year or two, there won’t be any. This is when I’d like to fire up my chainsaw if only the trees were mine to cut. 🥴 Hope that your friend will take the Singer as it is always good to release things to those who will enjoy them.

Sue said...

I think the dear are getting used to being around you, that's a good thing. so nice to gift the sewing machine, I haven't sown in a few years, keep thinking I might get back to it, but there never seems to be enough time.

Enjoy your visit with church friends.
Blessings,
Sue

Debby Ray said...

Such a beautiful sky! I grew up sewing on my mom's old White treadle. It had such a beautiful cabinet that one of my sisters still has. I came by my old Singer treadle at the Goodwill and refinished the cabinet and plan to restore the machine, itself. I do hope your friend takes your machine...it's always nice to know you have given something away to someone who will take good care of it.

William Kendall said...

That first shot really stands out.