Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 14, 2019

A giant caterpillar

45 degrees, very windy, and drizzly when I left on my morning walk.
The drizzle soon stopped and the rest of the walk was just cloudy.

Walked to town again and around both cemeteries.
Farmer Marvin has that giant white caterpillar crawling along his farm again.
At least that is what it looks like to me! ๐Ÿ˜€ 
Saw a deer.  It startled me jumping out of the brush along the
road in front of me.
A wild turkey flew low over the road
and farther up there was
turkey buzzard in the road eating a rabbit.
Know they have to eat too but I felt sorry for the rabbit.

Didn't walk around town after the cemeteries and just headed back home.
So walked up the lane a ways to make up the 6 miles.
 ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
It stayed windy and cool all day but the sun did eventually came out.

I volunteered to bake cookies for the kids at Bible Time.
A LOT of cookies are needed and there are others baking them too.
We each will bake 20 dozen and this morning I baked 10 dozen of them.
Will bake the other half next week.
Luckily they freeze well.

Finished reading Nineteen Minutes.
Another book by Jodi Picoult.
This one was very good too.
About a 17 year old who was bullied and comes to school with a gun.
Will start another Jodi Picout book this evening.
The Storyteller 

Watched the deer in the back again with her fawn.
More pictures out of the window.
They seem to like the place I've been clearing out back.
They come by often.
We set up the game camera back there.
Maybe we'll get some good pictures.
I've enjoyed my couple of days home alone while Ken has
been gone and got lots of stuff done around the house.
Glad he is coming home tomorrow though, I'm missing him!
 Hope your day has been a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ

14 comments:

Joyful said...

Beautiful, atmospheric photos. How wonderful to see a doe and her fawn. I always love seeing nature from a distance ;-) That is sure a lot of cookies you have to bake. Is it for Vacation Bible School? My day was quiet so far. I'm waiting until after dinner to go water the community garden plot. Even though it is overcast right now. I wish rain was on the horizon. Have a happy weekend.

ellen b. said...

How fun to see a doe and fawn. Haven't seen any babies of any species around here yet. Glad you've had a couple good days and that Ken is coming home tomorrow. Enjoy your quiet evening.

John's Island said...

Enjoyed all the photos. Second photo ... very cool perspective looking through the tall grass. Neat idea to have a game cam. Nice capture deer and fawn. Right now our weather is similar ... morning clouds and sunny afternoons.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don't suppose I would get any work done if I could watch the deer like that. Hope you will get some great pics with the game camera.

Rose said...

That second photo of the deer---I would title it Mother and Child Reunion...I have always wanted a good photo of a cow with her calf nursing so I could title it that. Love that shot looking up the lane.

It has been almost cold here again this day. It is probably a good thing the creeks are still too deep to wade...cause I would not want to take Lorelei and it this cold.

Adam said...

That must be strange to see if a person was drunk.

Tom said...

...I sure wish that I had invented those wrapped bales!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That caterpillar is huge. Imagine the size of the butterfly!

God bless.

Sandi said...

What is that white worm thing? Reminds me of Dune. The spice!!!! (They had giant worms in the desert and, well, I will just let you read the book. Ha ha...)

Vee said...

I can see why the deer enjoy the clearing. It is woodsy, probably has lots of places for resting, and they can see well.

Was that rabbit already gone? I thought Turkey Vultures only ate dead things. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yay for Ken’s return! Home always feels right with people in it.

Ruta M. said...

Just been catching up, great news on the house sale. Hope it all goes smoothly. We've had rain here in Devon too.

Henny Penny said...

I always feel sorry for the little animals that are killed too. Bunnies are so cute. You have beautiful places to walk. I love the deer. Oh, I enjoyed the tractor video. That stone bridge is just beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views. The white caterpillar is funny. Love the sweet deer, they are so cute. Happy weekend to you!

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots of the deer!