Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Tractor Video

A rainy walk this morning and 51 degrees.
It was a nice gentle rain.
Walked to town and dropped off mail down the slot at the post office.
Went around the cemetery at the top of the hill.
Off to the left of the cemetery is one of Farmer Marvin's fields
and I took this picture of the rolled hay with the
cows off in the distance.
School must have ended for the year because didn't
see any school buses this morning.
Won't be seeing them till the end of August.

A quiet walk.
Nice to hear the rain falling on my umbrella and the leaves.
🦌     🦌
Watched this deer outside my bedroom window for a while.
The deer stood on the fallen tree trunks to get at some tasty leaves.
Sorry about the blurry picture, but it was through the window.
Thought it was worth posting though to see it standing on the logs.
Went to my book club meeting which starts at 11:30.
Thought about walking but it was still rainy so decided to just 
go in the car.
There were 11 of us there and we had great discussion
 about the book this month, Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.

Had a late lunch when I got home and then
took everything off my hutch,
gave it a good dusting
and then gave it a new look.
Fun to do that once in a while.

Made some weave-its.
Back to working on the yellow gingham bedspread till next week
when I start on another baby blanket.

It stopped raining for a little while and the sun even came out
but it didn't last long.  More rain and even a thunder storm.

I'm finally posting the video of Ken driving the tractor over the
stone arched bridge that he made.
He went very slowly over the first time.
He has been over many many times since!!

That's it till next time.....
 Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

Comment Replies:
Sandi - Did a little research and found out that deer twin births are more common than single births and there are quite a few triplets too. 

15 comments:

Nawm D Gerr said...

That video is crazy! I can't believe how handy you and your husband are! You had to be a little bit nervous. My hat is off to you, that arch looks really nice! Bravo

William Kendall said...

I think the classes here still go on for a week more.

Tom said...

...great to see, my videos never seem to turn out well.

Rose said...

Want to come dust/clean my china cabinet??? I should do that...

It was so cool here I was tempted to turn the heat on to take the chill off. Instead I wore long sleeves all day long.

That is a cool capture of the deer standing up on the logs like that.

That sure is a nice bridge!

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm still amazed by that bridge!

John's Island said...

Glad you posted the picture of the deer. Neat to see the deer standing on the logs. We don't need perfect pics to show an interesting situation. Thanks for sharing.

Vee said...

That was a cute little squeal! It had to take some faith to go over the bridge the first time. There’s an object lesson in there somewhere!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I even found myself holding my breath as he approached the bridge.

ellen b. said...

Phooey I couldn't get the video to work on my computer. That is a fun shot of the deer. I need to do a lot of dusting tomorrow. Hope you have a great Friday!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great video. Congratulations.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I really love your bridge, well done. Cute deer, I always enjoy seeing them.
Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend!

Inger said...

What a great bridge Ken made! He is a talented man. I loved your description of your walk in the light rain.

Lisa said...

Love that bridge! Good job Ken!
Lisa

Michelle said...

I like that arch bridge. I admire the talents of you and your husband!

Adam said...

Hay hay hay.