Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Ken's back home

No rain, no wind, no sun and 55 degrees this morning
when I left on my walk.
 Had a book to return to the library so walked to town and 
and put it down the book drop.
Walked around town and half way up to the school before turning around
and heading back home.

A couple of deer were around, some chipmunks,
and many birds.
Always nice to hear the birds chirping as I walk.
They keep me company. 🙂

The corn in this field near my house is now about 18 inches high.
Walked my usual 6 miles
🌽     🌽
Didn't get very far last night in the book I started,
The Storyteller because I realized that I had already read it.

Haven't done all that much today.
Got some laundry hung up outside and
just did this and that around the house.

Ken arrived home safely early afternoon.
He had a great few days with the guys!!
 Nice to have him back home again. 😃

 Hope your Saturday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Sandi - the giant warm is wrapped bales of hay.

Vee - Not sure if the turkey buzzard killed the baby rabbit but it sure looked fresh. Didn't look like it was run over. 

15 comments:

CountryMum said...

The corn is looking really good!!

Tom said...

...corn is up here, but nothing like that, some field aren't planted yet.

Rose said...

We have had rain, rain, rain this day. I have not accomplished very much.

Meant to comment last night, as far as I know, Vultures do not kill, only eat what is dead. I checked All about Birds and it says their food is carrion, too.

Inger said...

I had a good Saturday, thank you. It sounds like yours was a peaceful and maybe restful one.

Ivy Green said...

Turkey Vultures clean up the road messes so we don't have to. :)

Always reading and enjoying your posts but not a frequent commenter. Will try to do better. Thank you for your faithful blog.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture is so lovely. Obviously the corn in your area is ahead of ours here, but our farm fields ae looking really good so far.

Terra said...

You have a beautiful country area to walk in.

Hill Top Post said...

I have gone back and caught up on posts I had missed. So many great photos were there to enjoy! Of course the best time of day to enjoy the birds is early morning. It is such a busy time here on the farm that I am struggling to keep up. Also, my sweet Millie was bitten by a poisonous snake and has had a terrible time of it. Tonight is the first time she has barked at the coyotes in several nights.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh I do love corn.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The corn seems to be growing fast around here. I am glad Ken is home. I have never seen a vulture go after a live critter only the dead. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy week ahead.

William Kendall said...

Corn does grow fast.

Adam said...

Be plenty of it before you know it.

Lisa said...

Glad Ken made it home safe. I know you missed him.
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

That corn is coming along nicely. How does that little rhyme go... knee high by the fourth of July. If it's 18 inches high now that would be just about right.

ellen b. said...

Glad Ken made it home safe and sound. Sounds like some good walking weather.