Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A couple more loads

60 degrees this morning when I started my walk at 6:30.
It was sunny with a slight breeze.
My cow neighbors were out early this morning.
Don't usually see them till I'm getting back home.
A nice pleasant walk to town.
Walked around both cemeteries and down by the barn with the bulls.
One of them was back today.  The reddish/brown one, 800.

Walked a loop around town and back home again.

Saw a killdeer running up the road.  They always make me smile.
They look like tiny road runners.
Why don't they just fly!

Rebecca was out walking.  Haven't seen her for a while.

When I walked up my driveway there was Ken sitting on the porch
waiting for me.
We ate breakfast (cereal) out there too.

Just finished breakfast and Craig came from the stone place
where we get gravel to give us an estimate on getting the lower driveway paved.
He took measurements and we will get a written
estimate in the mail.
We worked out back a while.
Ken getting ready things ready for another load of gravel
and me continuing on clearing brush and sticker bushes.
After lunch we went again with the dump trailer to get yet more gravel.
We should own stock in this place! 🙂
I turned around and took this picture out the back window
of the truck when the guy was filling it up.
 Here is that load.
Dumped it out and went back for another load.

After raking out both loads this is what it looks like now.
One more load should be enough, but we ran out of time today.
Probably get the last load Friday.

Didn't have to worry about supper this evening.
Before church started this evening
we had supper there.
There was a potato bar set up by the teens who
are trying to raise some money.
I had a sweet potato with butter and brown sugar.

Tomorrow is a Fingerprint work day at church so I probably
won't have time to blog,
but I'll be back on Friday.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
IvyGreen - Sorry forget to answer your question yesterday.  No, we don't want to rent the house.  Just want to be done with it.  It's a bit too far for a vacation rental. The lake is 10 miles away and people like to be on the lake.

19 comments:

Rose said...

Sounds like work to me...glad the bull was back. I enjoy your photos of them. And everything.

Tom said...

...a load of gravel never seems to go very far!

NanaDiana said...

Glad you had a nice walk and that the cows were MOOving out early so you could see them.
Spreading gravel is a dusty job-especially on a hot day-it will be nice to have it done.
Have a great night- xo Diana

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

rocks looking good!

Jeff said...

I love the pictures and stories of your early morning walks. I so need to get myself out of bed and do the same. The rocks look great. We live on the side of a hill and have drainage issues too. I need to take a lesson from you on how to get the water to flow where we need it to! Take care ~ Jeff

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always busy. Lovely photos.

God bless.

Vee said...

Let me just say that I never wonder if my friends Ken and Karen are getting their exercise. 😁

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen,
Ken is sure having fun there with all the gravel- glad to see that your dealing with the drainage of your property in a proper way- no half measures. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the view of the cattle. The rock area is looking good. The potato bar sounds like a great idea, I love sweet potatoes. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend ahead.

Lisa said...

The gravel looks good. I love how you are keeping it natural looking around there. It’s all so pretty.
A potato bar sounds awesome. That is a such a great idea to help raise money. Good luck to them.
Lisa

Aritha V. said...

Always so nice to be on your blog. Love the "koe" photos.

William Kendall said...

The cows seem to know to eat early and rest in the heat of the day.

Debby Ray said...

Cows make pretty good neighbors, I'd say. Life in the country is hard work but a great way to live!

Dianna said...

Loved all of the pictures in today's post...including the one you took out the back window.

I also enjoyed hearing how the teens in your church are rasising money. A potato bar is wonderful!

Adam said...

I don't see cows often anymore but I have seen some goats lately.

Ivy Green said...

Good luck with your sale, the real estate market is on the upswing everywhere. In the meantime, you have your dream house!

Hill Top Post said...

All the heavy rains we have had this year have left us needing a few loads of gravel. It is on our list, but a ways down I am afraid! I think your husband must have gotten lots of practice with this kind of word from his work with the model train layouts! :~)

Lowcarb team member said...

The gravel is looking good … hope you can get your last load on Friday!

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

I see I'm behind on my blog visits. Summer is such a busy time in the yard. I understand the need for loads of gravel in a country yard. Hope that estimate is an affordable one.