Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

More gravel

62 degrees this morning. 
Windy and cloudy with a few peeks of blue sky.
Welcomed the wind because it kept me cool.
Walked to town, around both cemeteries, down to see the bulls, through town,
around the ball park loop, through town again and then home.
I walk in these same places often but walked them all this morning
and in that order because I wanted to check out the mileage.
It was 6.5 miles.
 Both bulls are gone now and didn't see the horses either!
 
Saw quite a few deer, some rabbits, and a couple of chipmunks.
A dead snake was in the road and also a dead skunk.
 
Walking up the last hill near my house a deer
was walking up a little ways along the side of the road going about at fast
as I was.  She would stop once in a while to nibble on some leaves.
She ended up going in the woods behind my house.

🦌     🦌
Didn't have time to blog yesterday because we went to Staunton, Va 
to deliver a pallet of finished Romans books and pick up another
pallet of ones to do.
It's pretty much an all day event doing that.
I knitted a wash/dish rag on the way.
🧶     🧶
Today we took the dump trailer and got a couple more tons
of gravel to bury another drainage pipe.
This time around back.
 
 Ken is going to make some stone steps in the wall.
After lunch we both went to the old house to get the yard work done again.
I mowed and he trimmed.
Looks like we will still be doing that for a while!
 
Picked up a book at the library that was on hold for me.
The first book in a new series for me.
The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley. 

Evening now and time for relaxing.
Haven't had ice cream for a while but will have some tonight.
Chocolate

Hope your Tuesday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

That deer was quite aware of you.

Inger said...

I love all your wildlife. And yes, thank you, my Tuesday was a very happy one. Enjoy your ice cream.

Tom said...

...buying gravel can be an endless task!

Dianna said...

I missed you yesterday but thought that you were probably doing exactly what you did!

Your dishcloth is so pretty...love that color wave!

ellen b. said...

Lovely photo from your walk. We still have some areas we'd like to augment with more crush. Happy Tuesday evening to you!

Rose said...

I am glad nothing is wrong yesterday except tiredness...I bet you will be glad when you get all the gravel you need.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the picture with the deer standing just before the road curves. It's as if she is waiting for you to catch up.

Joyful said...

Beautiful shots. I like the deer photo best but all are lovely. I like your dishcloth. That is my favourite kind and I haven't made any in a long while. You and your husband do keep busy. I think it's good to be industrious and also charitable as you both are. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

Adam said...

I ran out of ice cream today.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A dead snake was in the road and also a dead skunk.
Who killed whom? Did the snake bite the skunk or the skunk's smell kill the snake?

God bless.

Vee said...

Seems as if a gentle doe would make a good walking companion. That yardwork at the other house will come to an end...oh, yes, it will. Your attitude about it is the best!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would not want to come across a live skunk. Love the deer shot. The chocolate ice cream sounds good. Wishing you a happy day!

Ivy Green said...

We do not have shunks around here and believe it or not, you can miss even that. It was always a distinctive "summer scent" growing up in the northeast.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen!
All of that drainage work will pay off.

How fun to walk along with a deer. YOU are a dear.

Debby Ray said...

Everyday is a new experience! I love seeing these beautiful photos of your walks....such a peace existence. At least the skunk and snake were dead. ;)

Michelle said...

Had a load of pea gravel delivered this week. Working in gravel takes some effort, whew. I am trying to catch up on landscaping, your work is looking good.

Angie said...

6.5 miles is a healthy walk, especially with some hills thrown in! Looks like a well-designed drainage project. All said, I think you earned that chocolate ice cream!

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy seeing the photographs from your walks.

All the best Jan