Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Walk, blankets, mowing

The sky this morning.
50 degrees F this morning when I left on my walk.
A bit of a breeze and a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked to town again this morning.
First to the post office and
then over to the ball park and around the loop.
Back through town, 
over to the lower cemetery and around that,
and then headed back home.

Saw a deer along the highway and was glad to see him
run off in the woods before traffic came along.
A couple rabbits were about too.

Walked 6 miles
🌸     🌸
When I got back from my walk I just had time to get changed,
gather my things up and head out again.
It was Baby Blanket day at church.
We meet just once a month and it sure comes up fast!!
There were 11 of us there today.
I started a blanket with dark red and tan weave-it squares
which will be a checked pattern.
 We start off having breakfast which Charlotte brought today.
Then someone gives a short devotional given by Jane today. 
Then we set to work making blankets with much talking and laughing.

I was home for lunch and then Ken and I went over to the old
house to get the grass mowed and edged.
I did the mowing and Ken the edging.
Glad that is done at least for another week.
Sorry to say still no offers for the house have come in.
I really am not discouraged though because I know it will sell.
God must have this house waiting for just the right people
and they just haven't been by yet.

That's it for today.
Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Debby - The dollar coin I found yesterday was a William Henry Harrison coin.

14 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful start to your day! And before I forget, I loved the Mayapple blossom in your post yesterday. I can't wait to see your new baby blanket! I bet that will be really pretty.

Tom said...

...mowing is a tough job this spring, the ground is so wet!

William Kendall said...

Amazing light in that first shot.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture is gorgeous. What a start to the day!

ellen b. said...

Love the first and the third photo. Baby blanket day sounds fun!

Joyful said...

Such a glorious sky to start your day. It sounds like your Baby Blanket group is a lot of fun. What do you do with all the blankets when they are done? I'm glad you aren't discouraged about selling the house. Sometimes waiting can be a difficult time for people but God is in control of the time line when we believe in him. I'm sure just the right buyers will come along.

o2bhiking said...

All it takes is the right buyer and it can go in a snap! That's really nice about the blankets, it's a good project that helps someone. I live in a town house and never miss mowing grass, ha, ha!

Vee said...

That dollar coin sure makes up for a lot of days of pennies or nothing. If I lived in your town, I’d be tossing change out my car window just so you could find it. 😁 Yes, baby blanket days do come up fast...seems as if you just did that.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful views of the sky and countryside. The last photo is lovely.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

KEV. Robertson. said...

The breaking Sun through the morning clouds looks superb- great photo there Karen.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Adam said...

I have a new electric lawn mower this year. Much easier on me as its light weight and rear-wheeled drive. I actually look forward to cutting grass now.

Downside is that you can't really cut the whole yard in one go, but in a way it's a blessing to me. It's so hot down here that doing the whole thing makes you HOT.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a pretty morning sky to start your walks with. Your "blanket making" get together sounds so wonderful! You are right, God does have the right person to buy your house! It is always hard to realize......not on our time, but on God's time.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love the light in your first photograph.

All the best Jan