Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Clothes Pins

The rain and dreary days have ended and it was a beautiful sunny
walk this morning.  40 degrees and calm.
The air seems clean, clear and crisp after the rainy days.
Beautiful morning for walking.

Walked down to the highway and up to town.
 Went to the lower cemetery first and walked a loop around there.
Then over to the post office to mail a Netflix.
From there made a stop at the old house and then headed back home.

Saw something shiny in the grass walking along and at first thought
it was a quarter but then I saw it had a gold tint to it and then
thought it was a token of some kind.
But when I picked it up, saw that it was a dollar coin.
Don't come across them very often.

Walked 6 miles
💰     💰
A while ago my blogger friend Rose, had a post about stainless steel clothes pins
on her blog.  I had never heard of them before but was very 
interested in them.
I went on line and found some like hers but they were no longer available. 
 I like the ones she had because they are different colors.
Though I wasn't able to get those, I did find other ones and bought some.
They came in the mail the other day and today I got to try them out.
They are great!!  A nice tight grip!
We went out and got a few errands done.

Finished another strip of the yellow gingham weave-it bedspread
I've been working on.  Have 8 strips done now with 16 more to go.
Will put that aside for now and work on the next baby blanket.

Posting a early today.
Will be making supper in just a bit
(BLT's)
and then we have to make a stop on the way to church.

So that's it for today.
Hope your made your day a happy one.
happyone  🥰

16 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The air after a nice rain feels so clean. Love your pictures.

Tom said...

...lots of Mayapple and Trilium up in the woods, this sure is a great time of year.

Michelle said...

I am intrigued by these clothes pins. After next week, laundry will be on the line daily, so I might just have to try some. Love summer break:)

Granny Marigold said...

I know what you mean when you say the air is fresh and clean after a nice refreshing rain. That's just how it is here today. Tomorrow we may have showers again. I'll plan on planting out some Marigolds that I bought this morning.

William Kendall said...

I know there are the occasional American dollar coins- I've got one stashed away at home. We of course have had the dollar coin in general circulation here since the late eighties.

Lovely shots!

ellen b. said...

I'm amazed at how many coins you find on your walks! Things are looking fresh and lovely in your neck of the woods!

Adam said...

Probably not a huge demand for them.

Rose said...

I am so glad you like your clothespins...I think mine are as good as my wooden ones...and better than the plastic ones.

You just cannot believe how close I came to making BLTs for our supper...but I didn't. It was my intent all afternoon, but went out and did some weeding and then I just put some hot dogs on the grill. BLTs are one of my favorite sandwiches though. I could eat them every day almost and never be tired of them...specially if I had homegrown tomatoes.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your walk must be a pleasure with such pretty surroundings. Happy day to you!

Vee said...

Those clothespins do look interesting...if I had a clothesline, which I don’t because a neighbor likes to burn his garbage. BLTs are one of my very favorite things to eat. I have to wait until August for a good tomato, though. 🍅 May your good weather continue...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last ... you found something worth more than a penny or a nickel. Was it really gold?

God bless.

Aritha V. said...

Great "knijpers" (clothespins). Wow, you find coins on your walks! That is special. I think when you take a metal detector you can find more ...

Retired Knitter said...

Metal clothes pins. That is a new one for me!!

Lisa said...

I only hang my clothes from the line when I'm at the camper. There is something about clothespins that I love. I still use the wooden ones but they are not as tight as the older ones so I get excited when I find a good one laying on the ground that someone left behind. haha.

Lisa

Debby Ray said...

It sounds like the perfect morning for a walk. Would that be a Susan B. Anthony $1 coin you found? Sure haven't seen one of them for a while. Those are some pretty fancy clothes pins! When I was a little girl, my siblings and I used to listen to a local radio show called "Smilin' Bob" geared for children and if you called in and got on the radio he'd give you a nickname....mine was "Clothespins" :D

Lowcarb team member said...

It does look a beautiful morning for walking …

All the best Jan