Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 06, 2019

Rhubarb

47 degrees this morning, no wind, and some low hanging clouds
when I left on my walk.
Not long though before the sun broke through the clouds
and I had a nice sunny walk.
Had a Netflix to mail so walked to town and went to the post office.
Made a loop around the ball park,
 the lower cemetery, and a quick loop around town before heading back home.

Saw a couple of blue birds, gray catbird, blue jays, a rabbit, and 7 deer.
A large raccoon and a opossum didn't make it across the road
and also saw a poor little goldfinch dead on the sidewalk.
I am happy to say that I encountered NO dogs!!
Walked 6 miles
🦋     🦋
Got a couple of loads of laundry hung out on the lines
and then did some work outside with Ken.
Three trees were dying and pretty near the house
so we cut them down.
Well Ken did the cutting and I held ropes and pulled them to get the
trees falling where we wanted them.
Thankfully all went well and our house is still in tact.

Next job was to go to the old house and get the lawn mowed.
Just takes 45 minutes on the riding mower but glad when it was done.

Back home Ken was on the tractor getting a place level where we
can put our raised garden bed.  Just going to grow tomatoes.
Cherry ones and big ones.

Talking about gardens harvested the first bunch of
rhubarb from the old house garden.
Will be making some rhubarb cobbler tomorrow.
 Planted some of the rhubarb here at the new house last year
and it is coming along nicely this year.

I worked out back clearing the dead fall.
Started on a natural fence back there too.
On the other side of the fence it will stay as is,
at least till I get done with what I'm working on now.
Making a trail out back too.
Not enough done for any pictures yet.

Didn't go to Brenda's for pizza but went to Little Caesar' instead.

When we got home I still had to put the clean sheets on the bed
and fold clothes.
That finished my work for the day.

Looking forward to watching Foyl's War, making some weave-its,
and eating a Klondike Bar.  😀

Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone 🥰


17 comments:

Silver in AZ said...

You wear me out, just reading about all you did today. LOL

The Furry Gnome said...

Only got a small bit of Rhubarb at our new house. I'm gonna miss it!

Rose said...

I love those first two pics! Oh, I have a Klondike bar....should go get it! Foyle's war is one of our very favorite favorites!

Tom said...

...I rhubarb!

Vee said...

Rhubarb! It looks beautiful! I can hardly wait to harvest some this year, but mine is only four or five inches tall. Slow spring this year. Hope you have some ice cream with your rhubarb cobbler. 😊

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great/busy day. I always like to be busy and feel accomplished at the end of my day. Topping it off with a Klondike bar is an excellent choice.

Kerin said...

You sure accomplish a lot in a day!
Love your pictures.
Nothing better than line dried laundry...one of the best things about sunny weather :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Granny Marigold said...

Another busy day for both of us. Looks like we both had fair weather too. That rhubarb looks good. Our little plant is only a couple of years old so doesn't provide enough for us yet but my BIL and SIL have a long row and usually have extra.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That fresh rhubarb looks delicious and will be amazing in a cobbler. I also love it in a pie.

John's Island said...

I love walks when it's a little cloudy at start and then a little later the sun breaks through. Good for you ... no dogs today! Neat pictures, as always. Wish I could be there for some of that rhubarb cobbler!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- you have had a very full day there. Certainly like the low cloud and mists- looks beautiful showing mother nature at it's best. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Rhubarb is nice. Great in pies.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I still have not had or made anything with Rhubarb. Just can’t find it around here. Be careful. I read that the leafy part is poison. Is this true?
Lisa

William Kendall said...

Admittedly I've never liked rhubarb.

Pom Pom said...

I love rhubarb! I’ll be over for some cobbler!

Sandi said...

a nice walk today! :)

I love rhubarb.

ellen b. said...

I'm always impressed with your daily productivity.
I need to harvest the rest of my rhubarb that someone else planted. :)