Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Painted shelves

Last nights sunset from the front porch.
๐ŸŒบ     ๐ŸŒธ
Walked around the Hilly Route loop this morning.
(5.2 miles) 
The temperature was 51 degrees.
A bit of a breeze with a mix of sun and clouds.
A quiet and peaceful walk.

 












I'm surprised this big old rotted tree is still standing with that big slit down the middle of it.  Seems like a big wind would blow it down.














Another picture along the way.
 Didn't see any deer but did see rabbits and wild turkeys.
Always see cows!
๐Ÿ‡     ๐Ÿฆƒ     ๐Ÿ„
Baked those two cakes first thing after breakfast for the spaghetti 
dinner this evening at church.
Baked a chocolate one with white icing
and a white one with chocolate icing.
Just a couple of box cakes so it was quick and easy.

Next up was to get those shelves I picked up yesterday painted.
Had some blue paint left over from the bathroom so used that.
The blue looks lighter in the picture than it actually is.
I will let it dry overnight and then put it inside with
the planters on it tomorrow.

Didn't work on the fence today because it was too buggy.
Did some reading this afternoon.

Now we are off to church for that spaghetti dinner.

Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanks every one for the kind comments yesterday.
It would be nice if you all lived close, you could come over
for cobbler and watch the sunset on the porch.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...what a view from the porch!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Your Shelf Unit looks terrific in your choice of Light Blue- all around this is a real bonus. Regards. KEV.

Pom Pom said...

Isn't it so fun to paint something and then cozy it up with plants?
I like box cakes. I like any cake, but it doesn't like me.
I hope the spaghetti dinner was wonderful!

Granny Marigold said...

The newly painted shelf unit looks so good I had to go back and look at yesterday's post to make sure you hadn't done anything to change it structurally. Good job!

Rose said...

Those planters are going to look so good on the shelves. Love the front porch view...hope you are having fun at the spaghetti supper!

Adam said...

Reminds me that I need to paint a bare wood shelf in the office closet.

William Kendall said...

The shelves look good!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is so special that you get to watch these amazing sunsets right from your porch.

Vee said...

And that would be wonderful! ๐Ÿ™‚

The bookcase came out so nicely!

Hill Top Post said...

So glad I made it back here just in time for the hilly trail walk. Your sunsets are totally awesome. I can imagine you can usually be found on your front porch at that time of day. I know that's where I would be! I also love the picture of the farm in the distance.

Angie said...

Oh my - with those sorts of sunsets, I would never want them to end. How blessed you are to be able to see such beauty from your front porch (in a rocker or a swing, I hope?)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

After the shelves, I am waiting for what you'll find next.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The sunset is gorgeous. I do enjoy your views you have while walking. The shelves looks great, I like the color. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Silver in AZ said...

great sunset, and I love that shelf with the bright blue paint!

Debby Ray said...

The shelves turned out great!

Kerri Farley said...

It turned out beautifully!!!

ellen b. said...

Wonderful views! Love the shelves. I understand the too buggy!