Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 31, 2019

Kayaking

Thanks so much to you all for the happy birthday wishes yesterday.🙂

A cloudy morning when walking and 59 degrees.
No wind to speak of.
Had a nice walk to and through town 
with a stop at the old house.
Then down a couple of side streets and home again.
Quite a few rabbits around again
and some chipmunks.

Eventually saw the sun but looking at that sky chasing me home
I thought I might get rained on but I didn't.
Was walking down the hill and turned around to take the picture.
The mowers came through here and got a bit carried away.
So many pretty wild flowers are no more.
🌸     🌸
When Ken got back from breakfast with Edd,
we loaded up the kayaks in the truck and went to
Savage River Reservoir for a few hours of kayaking.
We were going to go yesterday but the weather didn't cooperate but
today the weather was perfect.
Ken in his yellow kayak.
Me paddling along.
It was fun paddling close to land here in among the trees.
We paddled up here to the end and went till our kayaks started
getting stuck on the rocks.
We sure did enjoy our time out on the water.

Last week Ken and I got to talking about the 1960 movie,
The Swiss Family Robinson that we both liked as kids.
Looked it up on Netflix and they had it
so I put it in our queue.
It came in the mail today and we will be watching it later this evening.
It will probably be really corny but fun to watch.

 Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Carolyn - Thank you for those kind words yesterday.  How nice you are!

Kev - Happy Birthday to you too.  Nice we share the same birthday.  Now do we share the same year?  I'm probably older than you but I was born in 1951.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm sorry that I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday. I have a couple of canoes that I haven't used in a while, I should get them wet!

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Rose said...

Oooooh, I love that photograph you turned around and took. Today sounds like it is an extended celebration of your birthday. Looks like fun to me.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like great kayaking!

John's Island said...

That is neat to see you guys out kayaking. I'm seeing that on Green Lake. Looks like fun, but I've not tried it. Another similarity ... the mowers at Green Lake Park got to ambitious and cut down a bunch of wild flowers around the bottom of trees. I liked your comment today on my blog about not knowing how many miles you've walked. One thing for sure ... it's a lot. At 6 miles a day you would put in 180 miles in a 30 day month. You must be in the thousands of miles. How many years have you been walking?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely scenes. I have often wished that I had the nerve to get into a canoe or something like that.It looks so peaceful, but I would be shaking in fear.

Granny Marigold said...

Kayaking looks like a lot of fun. The lake is peaceful and calm looking and no one else seems to be around!

Pom Pom said...

How fun! Happy belated birthday, Karen! I love the photo of the clouds behind you!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- beautiful scenery there for your Kayaking- havn't been Kayaking since 1978 or so...great fun for sure. Yes, great we share 30th May as our special day- I'm a little younger though being 1956 Vintage. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hill Top Post said...

What a peaceful way to spend an afternoon! Of course, I love the pictures!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday. Best wishes to you always.

Kayaking looks like fun.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a lovely spot for your kayaking. It is sad they mowed the flowers. Happy weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! Hope you spend the whole weekend having fun! No wonder I can't keep up with you....I'm so much older than you! heeheehee! I was born the year before you! Happy weekend! Birthday hugs coming your way!

Inger said...

A belated Happy Birthday wish for you. And your photos are gorgeous!!!

Aritha V. said...

Happy birthday. And how I love to see you both in such a kano. Nice photos.

Connie said...

What a lovely place to kayak. I like staying close to the shoreline because there is so much to see along the edge of the water.
Surprise ,surprise I went for an hour and a half walk this morning. It felt so good. You are and inspiration.

Connie

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs are lovely, so pleased you enjoyed your time out on the water.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday!

Getting out on the water is a welcome thing.

Vee said...

That was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, too. I liked the parts about creating a home the best.

Great pics of kayaking! It must have been glorious being out on the water.

ellen b. said...

Looks like a really great time kayaking. I enjoy kayaking but it is getting harder to get in and out of the kayak. Yikes. You have given me some great memories of seeing Swiss Family Robinson at a drive in theater with my family way back when. Glad that Netflix has it for you to enjoy again.

CountryMum said...

What a lovely place to kayak! Very nice indeed.