Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2019

My Cake

62 degrees this morning and cloudy.
Took along my umbrella just in case but never needed it.
Walked the Hilly Loop.
Only saw one deer and he snorted at me.
A red squirrel ran across the street and it was so small
I thought at first that it was a chipmunk.
Three tiny baby bunnies were along the side of the road too.
Read that the bunnies leave the nest and are on their own at 5 weeks.
They must have been about that old.
Passed by these pretty poppies.
 First time I tried taking a video with my phone.

🌺     🌺     🌺
As I mentioned yesterday Ken spent some time in the kitchen yesterday.
He made a three layer chocolate cake. 🎂
In between the layers he put chocolate pudding and raspberry jam.
The icing is whipped cream.
It's my favorite and
he made the cake for me because today is my birthday.🎈
He is one of the best!!
There seems to be no end to his talents!!
Would be nice to share a piece with you. 🍰
It is delicious.
It's been a cool day with periods of rain on and off
so we couldn't work outside.
I spent some time reading and sewing weave-it squares together.

Mid afternoon we drove to Morgantown, WV.
We stopped in at Michael's first and looked around.
I bought more yarn for the next couple of baby blankets.
Then we had a delicious supper at Outback.

It's been a good day and enjoyable day.

Hope you enjoyed yours as well.
happyone 🥰

27 comments:

William Kendall said...

Yes, I can hear the birds. Interesting to hear your voice!

Tom said...

...I've never been happy with the few videos that I made. That cake looks mighty good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Happy one! Happy Birthday! I love your writings and pics...what a cake! Diana

Dianna said...

Loved the video and hearing your voice! Happy Birthday to you! I need to write that date down in my address book!
The cake that Ken made for you looks so delicious and I am certain it tastes that way also. Hope to see you Saturday.

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy Birthday!!

Vee said...

Happy Birthday 🍰 So nice to hear your voice again! 😊 That Ken is a keeper!

Angie said...

Happy, happy birthday! So glad that your hubby made your favorite cake - how I wish I was there to dig into a slice with a cup of coffee! Keep the videos coming - nice to hear your voice AND the birds twittering!

John's Island said...

Those poppies are sure bright red. The cake looks delicious. Really liked the video. Cool to hear your voice! Neat post.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Birthday. that cake looks mouth-watering good.I love the video, hearing your voice and the birds as well.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Yum...we could use a good cook here in case he needs a Texas vacation!

Hill Top Post said...

I wouldn't think a birthday could be any better. Surely the birds must have been singing a happy birthday song just for you. And, how delicious your cake looks - lucky you! Happy birthday, Happy One!

Rose said...

Happy Birthday! I am just barely in time to wish you one before midnight. The cake looks delicious. It sounds like you had a good day!

Loved the video...

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Birthday!!! By the time you read this it should probably be belated birthday wishes. I'm always the last to read and respond but I find if I get on my computer earlier in the day I don't get much else done.
That chocolate cake looks delicious and makes my mouth water. I can leave cookies alone but cake is my downfall. Chocolate is my flavour, too.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen,
Your postings are always very interesting. Ken's Birthday Cake looks absolutely delectable- yum-o! Oddly I share the same Birth date with you - only I was born in the Autumn down here in Australia. All the Best to you both. KEV.

Joyful said...

Happy Birthday Happy One! Your husband did a terrific job and made a tasty looking cake.

Kerri Farley said...

Happy Birthday Karen! So glad you had a nice day! That cake looks delicious!

Adam said...

Happy Birthday

eileeninmd said...

Happy belated birthday! The cake looks delicious!

Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

John's Island said...

Forgot to mention ... Hope you had a Happy Birthday! :-)

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have many pleasant moments to match those you give to us! So enjoy your blog!

Retired Knitter said...

Happy Birthday, Karen. Miss seeing you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes, your cake looks delicious.
So nice to see those beautiful red poppies, one of my favourite flowers.

All the best Jan

Ruta M. said...

Happy Birthday to you. That cake looks very tempting, well done to Ken. It was great to hear your voice and all the different birds. Most of the time I tried to take videos on my camera the sound was drowned out by my breathing as I like to use the small viewer that you put your eye next to rather than the bigger screen. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Sandi said...

Happy birthday!

Aritha V. said...

What a nice cake!

And you video is so great. Hear soms birds and you talking. And the hills. What a beautiful area.

ellen b. said...

Happy Belated birthday! How very sweet that Ken made that special cake for you. Glad you had a nice dinner at Outback, too.

CountryMum said...

It certainly look delicious. Happy belated birthday!!