Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 01, 2019

Ever see a tree like this?

Isn't this an interesting looking tree.
A picture from yesterday while kayaking.
๐Ÿšฃ‍♀️     ๐Ÿšฃ‍♀️
A cloudy morning, no wind, and 55 degrees this morning at 6:30
when I left on my walk.
Walked to town and stopped at the post office to drop off some mail.
One of the side streets in town that had it's share of pot holes
is now nice and smooth with a new layer of blacktop.
Walked up the hill to the school.
This is the barn from the other side where I've been taking  pictures
of the bulls which is down from the cemetery on the hill
and by the Drane house.
This picture is taken farther up the road near the school.
The Drane house is in the middle of the trees,
the fallen down barn is there on the right.
You can barely make out the horses just on the green
next to the muddy barn yard.
You will have to enlarge the picture.
The cemetery is to the right by the tree.
Thought you'd like to see a different perspective.
From the school I turned around and walked back home.
Haven't walked up this way in a long time.
It is on part of the Farm Road Loop I used to walk.
Too far to walk it from where I live now.

Saw a few deer, rabbits, chipmunks and all the birds.
It was cloudy during all of my walk but the sun came out
later in the morning and it was a nice sunny day.
๐ŸŒธ     ๐ŸŒธ
Got a load of wash hung out on the line and then I left
Ken out back on his tractor and I drove to the old house
and mowed the lawn.
 By the way that man never did bring his wife to look at the
house this week. 

After lunch we planted our tomato seeds out back in the raised
garden bed. 
5 regular tomatoes
and 5 cherry tomatoes.

Ken moved some more rocks around out back and I worked
on clearing more of the woods out back.

Started another Jodi Picoult book
called Seventeen Minutes.
Just a few pages into it and already it is hard to put down.
I'll be reading more of it later!

That's been my day.
Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment Replies:
John - Funny you should ask how long I've been taking morning walks because this month marks 31 years!!

19 comments:

Vee said...

No, I have never seen a tree like that. Two branches grew together and created an A-OK sign? ๐Ÿ™‚

I enjoyed the different perspective, but am now lost. It doesn’t take much.

Tom said...

...that tree is a sycamore, a favorite of mine. Sometimes branches come in contact with each other and graft together, an oddity for sure. You sure live in a beautiful neck of the woods. Those barns are beauties!

John's Island said...

Wow, 31 years! Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine how many miles that is. Thanks for answering my question. Neat photos in this post, as always. And, no, I've not seen a tree quite like that one. :-) Interesting! Have a happy weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That tree is certainly unusual. As always, your pictures are lovely and in part it feels like I'm there walking with you.

ellen b. said...

31 years of morning walking! That's been a good habit that you have developed and nurtured. Sorry to hear that there wasn't a second showing on your house with the guys wife. That tree has really worked through some strange development. Hope you have a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

I picked up a Jodi Picoult book at a garage sale this morning. The title is Mercy.

I really like how I can enlarge your photos and see all the detail.

Rose said...

I have never, ever seen a tree like that....so very, very cool and interesting. I used to just not like sycamores at all and now I love them. That photo of the new road is nice, and the first one of the barn would make a lovely jigsaw puzzle.

Kerin said...

That is a very interesting tree.
Thanks for sharing it with us and your pretty walking path.

Have a happy weekend.

~K.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Can you fit a small TV in the branches of that tree do you think? It would be great for picnics.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the strange looking trees. Love the red barn, great farm scene.
I will see if my library has the Jodi Picoult book. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week.

Kerri Farley said...

What a Cool Tree!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- It is good that you have shown photos of the Farms and Farmland...everything is looking so green and lush...won't be long and those ploughed fields will be brimming with crop. Have a great Week ahead. Regards. KEV.

Lisa said...

The tree looks like its saying “OK”. Haaha
Beautiful photos of red barns.

Happy Sunday
Lisa

Connie said...

Another lovely walk. I wonder if that might be a cottonwood tree, the light bark and the thick wandering limbs makes me thing that it is. They are gorgeous trees except when they shed their blooms. They make my eyes water and my nose plug up, LOL.

William Kendall said...

I do like that first barn particularly.

Adam said...

Must be a mutant tree

Sue said...

A very interesting tree, nature decided to give us something to think and talk about. Yours and Ken's days sound like ours, you both are so busy too! Good luck with your tomato plants.
Blessings,
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

31 years! Think how many steps that is! WOW!!! Love the tree and that big beautiful barn!

Dianna said...

Glad that you and Ken were able to get so much accomplished! When we are able to get a lot like that done it always feels so good!