Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2019

WINDY

The rain stopped last night and today we had sun BUT it was 
VERY windy.
It was on the cool side too with a temperature of 34 degrees F
when I left on my walk.
It was 40 by the time I got home and though.

Down the road just about a mile away from my house lives a little
dog who for days now has been running out in the road after me barking.
I've tried to be friendly but he is not a friendly fellow.
 When I turn around and stamp my foot he goes running
away as fast as he can, just to come back again.
We do this a bunch of times before he gives up and goes back home.
Three deer ran across the road in front of me and didn't stop
till they got up the hill here.
Here are two of them in silhouette.
Walked to town again and went to the post office first where
I dropped off another Netflix.
Then walked around town, the lower cemetery and then back home
Wayne was out walking today.

Those two rabbits were sitting in the driveway of a neighbor when I passed.
I think it is the same two because they are always in the same place.

By the time I got home I think it was even more windy than when I left.

 Walked 6 miles
Found a nickel
👟     💰     👟
 Made Macaroni Salad this morning to have with supper this evening.
Then got some chicken cooking in the crock pot.
Too windy to do any outside work around the house so 
we drove down to LaVale.
Picked up some more yarn for baby blankets
and got a few more things we needed at Walmart.

When we got back home I baked a chocolate cake.
Will have a piece for my snack this evening 
instead of ice cream for a change.
I'll read some and make some weave-its too.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
John - I walk a mile in 15 minutes but I'm usually out walking like you said about an hour and 40 minutes.  I stop to talk and take pictures and the last hill I walk up slows me down a bit.  Its a very steep 1/2 mile up. I can't avoid it because I live at the top of it!!

Victor - No bridge, just very hilly countryside!  Funny you should mention finding pennies, no pennies but found a nickel (5 cent coin) today.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...looks like you had a great day. I also had a great without great weather, we had wind, snow and rain. But I got a number of nice photos.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I LOVE the photo in your banner! Look at those clouds! WOW! And you sure walk at a fast pace! We walked for over 2 hours today but we didn't go nearly that far! I wouldn't be able to keep up with you! Hope your weather is nice this coming week. Enjoy your evening!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunshine makes it look like a lovely day. I do not much like wind, but we have a fair bit of it here.

Hill Top Post said...

I would rather walk in the cold or rain than in the wind. It was very windy here today too. It made my eyes hurt. I used to walk on a treadmill In bad weather (no longer have the contraption) so I know for a fact that one has to walk pretty fast to do a mile in a quarter hour. I don't worry about time anymore.

Adam said...

Rude dogs often have horrible masters.

Granny Marigold said...

You captured the deer at just the right moment. They look great silhouetted against the sky.
Chocolate cake sounds good. I baked chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies today but what the family doesn't eat tomorrow will go into the freezer. ( I must admit I don't mind munching on a frozen cookie).

Terra said...

I like your dramatic photo of the two deer. The little dog looks a bit like my Bounce. Could you try tossing a dog biscuit to him, to get him in a friendly state of mind?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views of the landscapes and deer. Those little dogs can be real barkers. It was windy here too. The cake sounds yummy. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead.

Vee said...

Oh one of those snippy little dogs...wonder if his owner is trying to dispatch him to Rainbow Bridge the way he is allowed to run like that and right into the road. Hope that the cake was especially delicious. And I hope that today is beautiful with only a mild breeze.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Thanks for answering my question. Wow, 34F with some wind can produce a pretty cold wind chill. I'm recalling my walks when the temp was about the same ... it was chilly but I still enjoyed it. I understand that situation with the dog ... out of control dogs are a pain! Have a happy day! John

NanaDiana said...

What a great day for a walk. We are cold here, too. 29°F when I got up this morning. WHERE is Spring? I am so glad you are able to get those daily walks in! Have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hooray ... at last you found a coin. I was beginning to despair. Nearly came over to walk with you to see if I could help find some money.

God bless.

Kerin said...

Seems as though you had a nice day, sans wind :)
Chocolate cake sounds divine! It's been ages since I had chocolate cake.
Have you made that Texas Sheet cake before?
I'm sure you have :)

Have a lovely day.
~K.

William Kendall said...

You had beautiful skies.

Happy@Home said...

I think our wind of Friday blew your way on Saturday. It was extremely windy here that day, but quite a bit warmer than your temps. When you were describing that little barking dog I immediately thought of our Peanut. Sounds just like her and when I saw the picture I cracked up because it looks just like her too. She was a yapper when people walked by, but really quite harmless. I never let her loose though.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the clouds in your new header/banner … fabulous.

I always enjoy seeing the photographs you share as you go about your day.
Two lovely views, a dog and those deer - a very nice selection.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

That little dog looks so like Rosie, our granddaughter's dog. It is suh a shame that it is let run...I am afraid it will end up hit by a car for sure.