Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 26, 2019

Rainy Walk

Yesterday we spent at church working on the Fingerprint Ministry.
I went for my morning walk, we ate breakfast and
then left.  Worked from 9:00am to 8:30pm with breaks for lunch and supper.
People came and went all day.
8,631 Roman's books got assembled and packed up.
An exhausting days work, but fun and a great feeling of accomplishment.
📚     📚
Dressed in my rain gear and took along the umbrella too for this mornings walk.
It was 50 degrees and rainy.
Some periods of heavy rain and sometimes just a drizzle and
even some dry stretches.
Took my usual walk to and around town.
Made a loop around the lower cemetery before starting back home.
 Ken gave me a toot as he passed by in the car on his way to breakfast with Edd.
 Saw a couple of deer on the way home.
Walked 6 miles
🌧     🌧
Had some fun rearranging some furniture and things around in the living room.

This afternoon I made some weave-it square for the latest baby blanket.
So far I've gotten 53 squares made and some sewing them together.
I have 17 left to do.

Didn't get a chance to read yet today but I'll do that later.
That's it for today.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

12 comments:

Tom said...

...a rainy walk in the park here today too! I like those barn and silo peeking through the trees.

Vee said...

Is it raining everywhere? It has certainly been a cold, rainy week here. Things will perk up soon, I hope.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Enjoy your weekend. I was busy at church all day today and it will be the same for the next two days. The Mission Board is putting on our annual Soup and Pie lunch and fundraiser auction.

Sandi said...

A nice walk today!

Granny Marigold said...

Sometimes it's fun just to rearrange things in the house and stand back and admire how it looks.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a long time since you found a penny. Perhaps you should change your route.

Is the second photo a bridge? There seems to be a big drop on either side of the road.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is great you do not mind walking in the rainy weather. We seem to be having a lot of rainy days lately. I like the view of the farm. Enjoy your day and weekend.

John's Island said...

Thanks, as always, for sharing your walk photos. I smiled about your comment re how fast the walk goes. I am curious how long it takes you, on average, to do 6 miles. I figured for me to do 6 I would have to walk around Green Lake twice and that might take me about an hour and 40 minutes or so. Does that sound about right? Have a happy weekend and say HI to Ken. John

William Kendall said...

Rain sums up our day yesterday too.

CountryMum said...

I'm glad that you got to enjoy a rainy day walk... it is a very beautiful thing walking in the rain I think.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sometimes it is fun to rearrange some furniture, it can make a nice change to how your room looks …

All the best Jan

Rose said...

If it is not too cold, and not raining real hard, a walk in the rain is sort of nice. When I worked at the orchard, I always LOVED picking apples in the rain.