Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 29, 2019

Little Shelves

A bit windy this morning but nothing like it was the other day.
35 degrees and sunny so a great morning for walking.

Headed off to town again and walked a loop around town.
 Then over to the ball park and walked the loop there,
passed the post office and over to the lower cemetery and walked around there.

Then headed back home.
Just up ahead around the curve is where that dopey little dog lives.
He was nowhere to be seen when I left but on the way home there he was. 
Came right out into the street again and this time a car
was coming and he almost got run over.
Chased him home a couple of times before he quit following me.

Walking up my road a wild turkey flew across the road flying low.
Those things are pretty big up close.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
Hung a couple loads of laundry out on the line and then went
out with Ken to do a few errands.

After lunch Ken put up those little shelves he made for me in
the Broom/Cleaning closet.
Before there was just that one deep shelf at the back.
Much easier to see what I have on the two small shelves.
My clothes dried super fast on the line and I was able to get a third
load dried in the afternoon.

Had pizza for supper at Brenda's.
The half price pizza is still available on Monday's.
Once summer gets here the pizza goes back to full price.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

16 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure have some nice scenery to enjoy on your walk. It's hard to have too many shelves.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a blessing to have someone who can do all these extra little things for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely scenes on your walk.
You can never have too many shelves, they are so useful to have.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

It appears that you've attracted bovine attention.

Inger said...

How funny, I just organized my broom closet too. Yours looks very efficient now.

Vee said...

Oh that dog!

Those shelves are a nifty thing for the closet. I remember them from before and I still think I could do something like that. I do like narrow shelves not deep ones.

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like the dog owner should be keeping closer tabs on him.
Your new shelves are really nice. Everything looks so neat and well organized in your cleaning closet.

doodles n daydreams said...

I had my hubby put shelves in my wash house when we first moved here as well. We actually had none, only a cupboard under the tub. that's a lovely rural photo of the cows chewing the cud with their calves alongside :)
Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I enjoy your walks through your photos.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love seeing your scenes from your morning walks. Love the cattle. The dog owner should tie up their dog. Having extra selves is nice, always need more space. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. That is some 'Broom Cupboard' with Ken's Shelves. Our cupboard is converted from where our small water heater use to be in the Laundry - we've now a larger heater under the house- about triple the size. Have a great day there. Cheers. KEV.

Retired Knitter said...

You are so lucky to have such a handy husband!

Michelle said...

Nothing quite like drying clothes on the line. Best smell there is.

Ida said...

Oh that still seems a bit "chilly" for taking a walk. what pretty views though. I love laundry off a line outside. Haven't done that in years though.

Lisa said...

I'm wanting little shelves like that in my pantry so I can see everything in one row.

Lisa

Rose said...

We have been having so much rain that I can't hang any clothes, even if I wanted to. And now the yard is a hay field and going to sure be a job to mow.

I hate that you are having trouble with dogs...we have dogs that want to bark all the time in the neighborhood now. Well, it is not as bad as it was for a while.