Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday

44 degrees this morning and cloudy with a slight breeze.
Wasn't long before the sun was out though.
Walked to town and today stayed in town for the rest of my walk.

Dropped off a book down the slot at the library
and then walked around town.
Made my way over to the lower cemetery and walked around there
and then up the hill to the other one.
 From there walked down to the Drane house.
The pond behind the Drane house.
 Lastly went to say good morning to the cows who were
not even up yet. 
Sure is muddy!!
From there I walked to the old house and met Ken there.
He was weed wacking.
He had stopped at the bakery and bought donuts and
we went home to eat them.
Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
After breakfast we went back to the house and finished
tidying up the yard.
By that time it was lunchtime and we just went to Burger King
for a spicy chicken sandwich.

As we passed by the old house on the way home we noticed a couple
of cars in the driveway.  
Said a little prayer that the people will like the house and put in an offer.

When we got back home Ken worked on the water feature out front.
There was a leak and he found that and fixed it.
The only thing left to do now is finishing putting the rocks around the
ponds.  No problem finding rocks, they are ALL OVER!!

There was a dirty old bench in the shed at the old house that
we brought home.  I cleaned it up this afternoon.
It sure was dirty!!
  Thought about painting it but decided not too.
I can also paint it at a later date.

Well that's about it for today.
We are off to church now.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Joyce - No, haven't seen the movie, Out of Africa.  I probably will just skip the book club meeting next month.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...what a colorful start to your day. The Drane house sure is in a lovely setting. Looks like the cows are enjoy mud season.

Vee said...

You take such wonderful photos. You probably would like the movie Out of Africa. ๐Ÿ˜

William Kendall said...

Your second shot is my favourite of these.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do hope those folks will love th house and will make that sale happen quickly

Granny Marigold said...

I sure hope the latest people to look at the house will make a good offer.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great picture of the Drane house! I have great respect for you and your camera! One more comment on the movie, "Out of Africa." My husband didn't care for it at all. I thought Meryl Streep was wonderful in it.

Adam said...

I'll be using my string trimmer tommmrow. The grass in the ditch as grow far too high.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the cows' ear rings. Humans should have them too.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hlelo,

Pretty sky shot. I love the cows. I am sure your water feature will be beautiful. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day! Have a great weekend ahead!

Sandi said...

Lovely shots..

Kerri Farley said...

It sure is "greening up" in your area. Here too!!

Dianna said...

First off, I really really like your new header...well, it may have been like that for a while but I just noticed it last evening. :)

Your pictures are wonderful. I hope you hear positive things back from the folks who viewed your house yesterday.

Joyful said...

It's getting very green. I like the light in the photos.

Lisa said...

You should have some of these photos turned into puzzles. Places like Walmart will do them. !
Lisa

Inger said...

And all around gorgeous post. You live in such a pretty place and how lucky we all are to be able to follow you around on your walks.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, WOW, that first pic, sunrise, is just wonderful. I have to second Inger’s comment above.

Lowcarb team member said...

Four fabulous photographs here …

All the best Jan