Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Another busy day

Left the house at 6:30 and it was 44 degrees F.
It wasn't long before the sun was up and shining.
Walking down the first bend I saw the first two deer.
After snapping this picture they both took off running
in opposite directions.
Around the bend and down a ways there were those two rabbits again.
The usual birds too.

Walked to town and went to the post office first and dropped
off another Netflix (Foyle's War) and then continued around town.
Walked up to the cemetery on top of the hill and around there.
 This picture I took coming down the hill from the cemetery.
Kids back to school so all my bus driver friends were back to work
and waved to me as they passed.

Saw Lisa out running.  We just waved to each other because we
were too far away to stop and talk.

Walked just over 6 miles
👟     👟
Home in the morning getting house stuff done.

After lunch we went down to the old house.
I mowed the lawn for the first time this season.
Hoping the house sells so I won't have to be mowing it all summer.
Some one is coming tomorrow to look at it.
This will be the second viewing since we put it on the market last month.
The first people that came were very interested but we never heard back again.

There is still some stuff in the shed out back so Ken got rid of some
more of that stuff.

Back home I worked on the natural fence till supper time.

I tried reading Out of Africa again and I don't like it.
Just not interested in it.
I have too many books to read, to read one that I don't like.
Going back to reading An Echo in the Bone, an Outlander book this evening.
This series I like a lot!!

So ends another day.
 A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

23 comments:

William Kendall said...

The deer seem quite aware of you.

Tom said...

...I'm hoping to be able to hold off mowing until next week!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunshine on the landscape just adds so much beauty and such a warmth to the pictures.

netablogs said...

What a lovely blog! Enjoyed your words and pictures! I enjoy walking, too, but I am not nearly as consistent as you are!

ellen b. said...

Praying right now that someone will buy your house, soon. I mowed for the first time yesterday!

Angie said...

I remember when we sold our last two houses, I prayed for them to sell before spring really clicked into gear because I didn't want the burden of keeping up all the landscaping on top of making sure the inside of the house was spic and span for every showing! Praying the same for you!

Granny Marigold said...

Life's too short to force oneself to read books that don't appeal.

Hill Top Post said...

Out of Africa is one of my favorite movies, so I have always wanted to read the book. Your morning pictures are, once again, just gorgeous.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that deer posting a letter?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the deer photo, pretty views and photos. Hubby is putting off our mowing. Wishing you a happy day!

Lisa said...

Just how long are your days? Haha. I’m sure yours are longer than mine.
Lisa

Dianna said...

I was just wondering the other day if the realtor had brought anyone by to look at your previous house. Still praying that it sells soon so you and Ken aren't encumbered with the care of two homes and lawns. Maybe today (Wednesday).

Adam said...

I think the local kids spring break is over here as well.

Kerri Farley said...

I hope your house sells soon for you!!

Vee said...

You are right! There are too many books that you’d enjoy reading without spending time on one you don’t like. 📚☺️

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen!
The movie Out of Africa is one of my favorites.
I'm glad you're having nice walking weather!

Inger said...

I love your pictures and admire your walks. Thanks for your comment on my post about Errol. It touched my heart.

Debby Ray said...

Hoping the folks who look at your house want to buy it! How awesome would that be?!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Great photos, as always. Love the shadows in the second one ... wow, that shows how early it was in the morning and sun must have just been up above the horizon. Have a happy day!

Joyce F said...

I assume you have watched the movie Out of Africa and if so maybe you won't be too bored with the book club meeting to discuss it.

Joyful said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy out of Africa. I saw the movie first and I think when I read the book I was disappointed it wasn't in the same vein. I did however read several books by the author upon which the movie was based and altogether they were to my liking.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hoping the folks who look at your house want to buy it …

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I was hoping you would enjoy Out of Africa this time around!