Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 08, 2019

The first daffodils

It is now light enough in the morning for me to leave the house at 6:30
for my walk.
Today it was 55 degrees and for me the perfect walking weather temperature.
Not hot, not cold and I don't have to wear layers.
It was cloudy when I started with a bit of a wind.

Walked to town and right down the main street.
Headed over to the ball park and walked around there
and then went around both cemeteries before heading back home again.
I saw the first daffodils of the season blooming in town 
over by a house near the pond.
One fisherman at the pond today.
 Good ole Molly was running around lose again and she walked
around the cemetery with me.
One of these days I'll get a picture of her.

One part of the sky looked bright but in the other direction
it didn't look so good.
Thought I might get rained on but the light over took the dark
and it never did rain.
On the way back home when I turn off the main road
it is so peaceful and I love walking along the road there.
I take pictures of it often but you can't hear the sounds I hear.
Just picture this.
I walked down the quiet winding country road with a forest on one side
and a field on the other.
I could hear the wind blowing in the trees.
A babbling brook flowing over rocks.
Two crows talking to each other.
Birds chirping.
A woodpecker finding breakfast in a dead tree.
A few deer off in the woods. 
 A rustling in the leaves as a squirrel ran away from me.
2 Red Winged Blackbirds and many Robins flying around.
How can you walk along there and not be happy!!
What a way to start the day.
I walked 6.5 miles
👟     👟
 Mostly a cloudy day but we did see some sun once in a while
and every so often a few drops of rain too.
In the house in the morning doing this and that.
After lunch we both went outside.
Kenny on his tractor and me continuing working
on the natural fence.
Kenny cut some of the big logs that I couldn't move
and are too big for the fence anyway with the chain saw.
Will probably end up burning them.

Instead of going out to Brenda's for supper this evening we made
pizza at home.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️
Comment Replies:
Carol - No, the squares I've made are not granny squares which are crocheted.  The ones I make are called weave-its made on a 4 inch loom with yarn.

Elaine - This is our first spring here at the new house.  We moved in near the end of August last year.

19 comments:

Rose said...

I cannot tell you how much I love that photo...the last one in the post. Oh how I love it when it is like this. Sounds are richer, just everything is better.

The Furry Gnome said...

Daffodils are such a greatsign of spring. Love your word picture!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your description of walking down that country road sounds wonderful.All those sounds, sights and even smells.A pure delight to the senses.

Tom said...

...I saw my first daffodils today, love the field with the silo in the distance.

Vee said...

How can I not grin visiting you in your happy place?! I love it when the light takes over the dark. I’d like to see it happen much more than it has here lately. Seasons that overstay their welcome are not easy to cope with. Yearning for spring...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that you described how it felt and how it sounded as you walked down the lane. That helps me to understand you experience. Hope you have another good weather day tomorrow my friend. hugs!

Granny Marigold said...

Loved your description of the sights and sounds you experience on your walk.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- you certainly live where there is an abundance of wild life about- makes a real change from suburban living for sure- it'd be great to live in the country. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last ... the daffodils are out. Happy Spring Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty daffies. Ours are blooming now too. I love to hear the bird sounds on our walks. The woodpeckers are loud. Pretty rural scene. Enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Daffodils are the first flower that catches my eye in the spring. They always brighten up a day.
Lisa

Adam said...

Nice flowers

William Kendall said...

Quite a dramatic sky!

Carol W. said...

I love the description of your walk. It makes me feel like I was walking with you. Thanks for sharing.

Debby Ray said...

All of the sights and sounds you described are what makes my heart happy as well. Loving the looks of that stormy sky too. How blessed you are to live in such a beautiful place!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs are lovely and so are your words.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Enjoyed reading your description of the sights and sounds you have on your walk. We are blessed to enjoy this kinds of mornings. I'm always so happy to see the first daffodils!

Inger said...

You live in such a beautiful place and I could picture the rural sounds you described. Just lovely.

o2bhiking said...

I like the description of your walk and what you hear and see. What a great way to jump-start the day. I always love seeing the daffodils. BTW I hope you are over your cold soon.