Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2019

No Yard Work Today

Another terrific day for walking.
45 degrees, a mix of sun and clouds with a bit of a wind.
I like being able to get out of bed, get dressed and start walking.
Nice that I don't have to wait for it to get light.

Walked to town again and took a right off the main road
and went passed the library.
Don't know what kind of tree this is but I call it
the umbrella tree and it is in front of the library.
Made a stop at the old house.
These are the forsythia at the property line.
They seem to be blooming better this year than any other year.
From the house I walked over to the lower cemetery and walked around there.

Then headed down the main road toward home.
Turned around and took a picture of the guys working on a bill board sign.  
You can see an opossum up there in the road that didn't make
it across in time.
Man those things are ugly!!
The forsythia along here aren't in full bloom yet.
I'm about to walk up that steep hill just around the bend
that leads to my house.
Lots of deer and birds along the way.
Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
No yard work for me today.
It was Baby Blanket day at church.
Nice to sit and chat and make squares.
They all liked the latest blanket I made with the orange in it.
We had breakfast, a short devotional
and then we set to work.
14 of us were there.

This afternoon I baked the last and final batch of Snickerdoodle
cookies for the Sunday school kids and got them in the freezer.
(the cookies, not the kids)

What a pretty day it was today.
Felt like summer in the mid 70's.
I sat out on the front porch and got a little reading done
before it was time to go inside and get dinner ready.
I made Manicotti.

This evening will find me,
reading,
watching Netflix and making weave-it squares,
and of course eating ice cream.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

...that's Snow Fountain Cherry, there sure is a lot of forsythia in your area.

Rose said...

Glad to know the name of that bush...I did not know it either. Need to remember it cause I like it. Love the forsythia...and the sunrise....

I agree that possums are so ugly...my nephew who is my age and his wife have a small green house...they did have one that sleeps in there and they feed it. There are some kitties that were feral...she has got them gentled down and got them all 'fixed' and they all slept in the greenhouse together.

William Kendall said...

What blooms you've got already are quite pretty.

Inger said...

Sounds like a very good day.

Henny Penny said...

Those yellow bell bushes (as we call them down here) :) are just beautiful! Possums are always getting hit. I wish the poor things would stay off the roads.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've ever seen a hedge of Forsythia. It is stunning!
Our dog once cornered a Possum and we came to the rescue. That thing was so fierce looking I think if it had been twice its actual size I would have run for my life.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Some of those Forsythia bushes are so vibrant and loaded with flowers. Very pretty indeed.

Kerin said...

Beautiful blooms around your neck of the woods to enjoy :)

That forsythia reminds of the hedge we had when I was a kid.

I'm glad you put the cookies in the fridge and not the kids **grin**!

~K.

John's Island said...

45 degrees is good for a walk ... I say that based on my walks since 1st of March. When I started today it was about 53. My experience has been it’s chilly at the start but quickly becomes just fine. Now lately, at about the 2 mile mark, I’m wanting to open up the coat, and just starting to break a sweat. How do you stay comfortable in the summer near the end of your walks? I really like forsythia ... those yellow blooms are great.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Love the forsythia and the other white flowering tree.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful blossoms and images. The forsythia is lovely. I am sure you house smells yummy with the cookies baking. Wishing you and yours a very happy and blessed Easter weekend!

R's Rue said...

Love.

Joyful said...

Lovely scenes. Happy Easter.

Breathing In Grace said...

You fotos are always so pretty and clear. You live in such a beautiful part of the country. Is that tree a weeping cherry? You mentioned you'd like to walk in the neighborhood of the Dogwood Trail. We saw a bunch of folks walking their dogs! Happy Resurrection Day to you.

Bettye said...

We always called that tree a Weeping Cherry and I thought the same thing about the Forsythia, that it is to colorful this year. Mine has never looked this pretty in the 12 years I have had it. Have a wonderful Resurrection Day!

Sandi said...

Is that tree real??

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs here, and the forsythia is such a lovely colour.
Wishing you a blessed Easter weekend.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Karen, I know you keep count of the weave it blanket you have made. What number are you up to?

Vee said...

Yup, possums look like Gollum. Yikes! But oh that forsythia is gorgeous! Mine isn’t out yet. I’m hoping it has a good hear since I didn’t trim it last year. I would not be surprised that a rest was in order...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that pretty flowering bush and the forsythia! It is spectacular this year! Enjoy your weekend!