Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 19, 2019

Restful Afternoon

Sunset last night while sitting on the front porch.
A cloudy morning while walking but it was 55 degrees and calm.

Just me, the deer, and the birds walking down to the main road.
Walked to town.
 Went around the lower cemetery and then went back
to the main road through town.
Passed by the old house,
made a loop through town and then headed back home.

No school today so no buses.
An uneventful walk but still a good one.

This picture taken from the end of my driveway
getting back home.
 Walked 6 miles
👟     👟
Ken was gone when I got home to have breakfast with Edd.
I'm surprised he didn't pass by me while I was walking.
Must have been walking around the cemetery.

Made myself a waffle for breakfast.
Topped it off with strawberries and whipped cream.

Finished up the house cleaning for this week.
Today I took all the cushions off the chairs and gave
them a good vacuuming.
 
 This was the afternoon I was going to work on my natural fence
but it rained.  Maybe God's way of telling me to take a rest! 

I read and made weave-it squares.
Have 18 of them made for next months baby blanket.
Probably make some more this evening.
Got the next Foyle's War in the mail and we'll watch that tonight.

That's it for today.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Tom - Thanks for identifying the Snow Fountain Cherry tree.  What a perfect name.
Debbie and Bettye -  Looked the tree name up and the full name is
White Snow Fountain Weeping Cherry Tree

 Sandi - Yes, the tree is real.

John - Summer walks here by me are actually pretty nice.  We don't get those real hot days and walking in the morning it is usually pretty cool.  Those days when it is hot, I just get hot. A nice big glass of cold water is just the thing after walking.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, you should rent chairs on your front porch for sunset. You would do quite business!

Sandi said...

Sounds lovely! I napped this afternoon. A storm knocked out our power!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a beautiful sunset.
I like the Foyles War series, enjoy watching it later.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day. Love the views seen here. (My friend sent me some of the metal clothespins...if nothing happens I plan to at least wash a blanket and hang it out tomorrow till I can use them.)

doodles n daydreams said...

Lovely view, with or without the sunset. How blessed are you :)
Happy Easter.
Diana

Granny Marigold said...

Too bad you couldn't work on your fence but nice that you could have the afternoon to read, rest, and make more squares.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Happy Easter to you and Ken. It is Easter Saturday here and we're looking forward to Sunday. Easter always reminds me of my Mum- I feel her warmth and peacefulness...Mum passed way in April 22 of 1980...this is a special time of year. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes for Easter.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sunrise is gorgeous. What a pretty name for the cherry tree.
Happy Easter to you and your family.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your countryside walks are inspiring with such pretty views all around. Have a great weekend!

Adam said...

Next week we're going on vacation. The hotel we have has the free breakfast thing, but we'll probably have to make the waffles ourselves.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots. Happy Easter!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunset! Nice country you live in!