Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 22, 2019

Another Try

This morning when I left at 6:30 it was 40 degrees F
and it was cloudy but no wind.
 No deer again today but saw two bunny rabbits.
I saw one the other day, maybe tomorrow I'll see three. 
Walked down the hill to the main road
and then up the hill to town.

Stopped at the post office to mail a letter.
Walked through town to the ball park loop and around there.
Over to the lower cemetery, around there and then headed back home again.

A pretty azalea along the way.
This is the only one that I've seen blooming so far.
 Another quiet morning in town without the school buses.
Not sure now many days the kids have off.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ‘Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
Late morning the cloudy day turned into a sunny one.

We drove down to LaVale and got some shopping done at Walmart.
Also stopped at Lowe's, Tractor Supply, and Surplus City.

Got home late afternoon and just hung around doing this and that
until it was supper time.
No Brenda's this Monday.
Went to Ledo's for a change.

On the way to Ledo's we stopped at the library to pick up
 a book that was on hold for me.
The next book club book.
Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen.
I tried to read this book many years ago and just couldn't get into it.
When I told my book club that they all thought I was crazy.
The people that have already read it, loved it.
So I'm going to give it another try.
Will start it tonight.
It's been so long I don't know why I didn't like, just remember
not liking it.
If you've read it, what did you think?

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Rose said...

Funny, I got that book one time, too, but didn't read it. I don't know if I just had other things happening or what. I am anxious to see what you think the second time around. There have been one or two books I just couldn't get into till the second or third try and then wondered what was wrong with me before.

Tom said...

...I love to see the floor of the woods when it starts to green up, looking forward to the trilliums.

Granny Marigold said...

I've not read Out of Africa. I enjoyed the movie but never even thought of requesting the book.

Vee said...

I loved it and I think that you will like it this second time around. So lyrical and so many take-away quotes that ring true and are a part of my thinking even today.

Unknown said...

Karen, I loved the movie and then read the book and loved it even more....we just watched it again last week, everybit as good. Another good movie is Australia with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

Anonymous said...

You still take the most beautiful photos :-)

Blessings Renee
https://faithandfamily3.wordpress.com/

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views from your walk. I love the azaleas. We had sunshine yesterday afternoon, it was nice. I hope you enjoy the book. Have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful azaleas.

God bless.

Dianna said...

Your day sounds peaceful and relaxing. The Azalea is just gorgeous! I love that color.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Was 'Out of Africa' made into a Movie? Maybe worthwhile googling the Title.

Kerin said...

Such a pretty walking path...lots of nice things to see.

I have been reading a book forever... I just haven't been able to get into it. So, yesterday I skipped to the last chapter, read it and called it good :)
Best of luck with your second try at the book.

Smiles :)
~K.

Adam said...

Pretty finds

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Like you, I am about to try to re- read Out of Africa. I have always loved the movie, which prompted me to buy the book years ago. However, Hollywood added the romance, and I found the book a bit different . I got only about half way through the book, and lost interest. Karen Blitzen, ( Isak Dinesen) had a few problematic works about the natives in her book. Yet, her home in Africa, is now a museum and it is said that the natives loved her. I had just watched the movie again the other day, which is now stirring my interest to re read the book

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views. I have not read the book or seen the movie.

Happy@Home said...

I've not read the book or seen the movie, although I've heard many people say they loved it. You'll have to let us know what you think the second time around.

Michelle said...

Your second photos looks like it could be my farm :) Out of Africa is my favorite movie/book. I think you will enjoy it.

Retired Knitter said...

Out of Africa! The title sound familiar. I will have to look that one up..

ellen b. said...

Lovely walking temps are coming. I don't think I even enjoyed the movie, Out of Africa, let alone the book. But I'll be open to hearing how you enjoy it the second time around.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very pretty azalea.

All the best Jan