Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2019

At Calvary

At Calvary
Lyrics - William Reed Newell
Music - Daniel Brink Towner

1. Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died
  On Calvary.

Chorus

Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty,
    At Calvary.

2. By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned
  To Calvary.

3. Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything,
Now I gladly own Him as my King,
Now my raptured soul can only sing
  Of Calvary.

4.  Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span
  At Calvary!

1 Corinthians 15:3-4  KJV
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, 
how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that He was buried, 
and that he rose again the third day 
according to the scriptures. 

A Happy and Blessed Easter to all.
happyone ❤️

Easter is not about the bunny
but the Lamb.

Comment Replies:
Vee - The 'door' in the fence was not put there on purpose, I'll have to go back and close that up.  Didn't notice it until the picture! I've seen lots of birds going in and out of the fence.  Maybe there are some nests hidden there!

9 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, I hope that you had a wonderful Easter.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that song. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Easter.

Sandi said...

"Easter is not about the bunny
but the Lamb."

AMEN!

Connie said...

Not about the bunny, but the Lamb . . . I love that!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

With best wishes for Easter.

God bless.

Dianna said...

One of my favorite hymns. There was an elderly man in the church we belonged to before moving here 20 years ago that always requested that particular hymn and I never sing it without thinking of him.

Adam said...

Happy belated Easter

ellen b. said...

Beautiful!

William Kendall said...

I am not familiar with that one.