Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 02, 2019

Yellow

More snow and ice today so an inside walk for me again.

Walked down to the mail box on our icy driveway.
Had to wear my ice grippers.
Glad I went to get the mail though because 2
Netflix DVD's were there.
Last of the Summer Wine
NYPD Blue

Sometime before next winter we are going to get our driveway
paved.  Will be much easier keeping the snow and ice
off of it.  Hard to use the snow blower on gravel.

I knitted two more of the blue coasters so now have a set of 6.
Here is the latest weave-it baby blanket I've made.
I'm reading the next Louise Penny book in the Gamache series,
The Long Way Home
and it is another good one.

Since it seems winter will be with us for a while yet
so we started another jigsaw puzzle.
A thousand piece one of an antique shop.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

18 comments:

Joyful said...

I like the baby blanket. I'm ready for Spring already but we also expect a bit more snow later in the week.

Carol W. said...

Be careful on your driveway for hidden ice patches. Your yellow blanket is so pretty! A ray of sunshine amidst the winter grays. A 1,000 piece puzzle sounds like a real challenge, such tiny pieces. We like to play Parcheesi inside on dreary days outside. Have a good weekend!

Sandi said...

I love the bright yellow!

Rose said...

I so love that weave-blanket...I think it is my favorite so far. We are supposed to get a bit more snow tomorrow, too. Maybe and inch or two...which shouldn't amount to anything since it has not been too cold.

Hill Top Post said...

What a great little vacation you had while in time-out. I am sure your son enjoyed the visit as much as you did. A new puzzle is probably a great idea at this time, for Old Man Winter is definitely going to be making another visit the next few days. I can't believe we will be dipping down into low teens at night here in March. My daughter says the earth's rotation or revolution must be messed up this year. :~) You do such neat work...love the coasters and the blanket!

Tom said...

...here on Maui yellow and red are colors of royalty.

Vee said...

The baby blanket is so cheery and springy for an April baby perhaps. Daffodil colors. I can’t believe all the snowy weather you’ve had. Yay for next year’s paved driveway. We have to think of our older selves with such things. Enjoy puzzling.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that blankets bright and cheery.

Adam said...

My library is pretty good on their bluray choices, so I don't have Netflix discs anymore.

William Kendall said...

I like that blanket.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the blanket is so pretty, lovely bright color. We may get some more snow today. The puzzle sounds nice! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a splendid weekend.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Retired Knitter said...

I think you are in a yellow phase!! :-)

ellen b. said...

Nice work on finishing the yellow baby blanket. Those ice grippers are a good idea. We are having a frigid temperature blast here. The sun is a nice consolation to the freezing temperatures. We've talked about paving a section of our drive, too. Hope you are having a nice Sunday.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the baby blanket, fabulous colour.
The new jigsaw puzzle you've started sounds good.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Your blanket is gorgeous. I am curious about your ice grippers. Do they fit over a boot? REI has something like that to go over hiking boots for hiking in icy conditions. I am thinking of looking in to something like that.

M.K. said...

Your bright yellow blanket is just gorgeous! It will make a very happy blankie for a fortunate baby :) Yes, the cold winter seems to be holding on, sadly.