Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 18, 2019

Surprise in the mail

It's a bit lighter each morning and I left at 6:55 this morning.
Still kind of dark then but not too dark to walk.
It was 24 degrees F and snowing.
At first it was just a few flurries and then it started coming down
pretty fast.  It was a very light snow with big flakes.

Walked to town and around both cemeteries.
This is the pond down by the Drane house.
This barn is down there too.
The horses are out today.  They are in the back behind fence.
The one I call Star looked up at me when I called to her.
I miss them being able to come up to the fence where I could pet them.
I saw a Red Winged Black bird and a bunch of Robins.
Quite a few geese around down by the down pond too.

On the way back home the snow stopped and some small patches of
blue sky were starting to show.
Took this picture looking into the sun about a mile from home a little after 8:00.
 Walked 6 miles
🌨     🌥
By lunch time it was up to 34 degrees F and all the snow was gone.

More painting today but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Kitchen, den, dining, living, 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, foyer, and
hall are all DONE.
We are now working on the basement.
There is another bedroom down there,
two hallways, and three other rooms.
A bathroom too but we aren't painting that.
One room is done and the two hallways and one of the rooms has the first coat.

I think by the end of next week we should be finished and then the first
of April should have it back on the market.

A surprise came in the mail for me today. 😃
Ken bought me ALL SEASONS of Last of the Summer Wine.
We have been watching some on Netflix but they only have a few.
 It is so nice to have them all and I can watch an episode whenever
I want too.  What a guy!!! 😃❤️
 Went to Brenda's for half price pizza this evening.
On the way home we stopped at the Shop and Save and
picked up some milk and Klondikes which were on sale.
There are a lot of different kinds to choose from.
One kind we got to try was with vanilla ice cream and the chocolate
coating was crunchy like a Nestles crunch bar.
Looking forward to having one of them this evening.

That's it for today.

 A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

19 comments:

Rose said...

I love your photos from today...even though I really don't want any snow. I love that the cows and horse were in the photo...and I love that pond shot above them.

I am going to have to look up that series and see if I would like it. I will be happy for you when you are done with the painting.

Tom said...

...we had a bit more snow on the ground this morning, it's now gone. The sky was a on and off deal blue, overcast and snow, welcome to spring. Neat barn!

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful photos and I feel like I am along on your walks with you. I just jotted down The Last of the Summer Wine. I have never heard of the series but I looked it up online and will try to catch it on Netflix. Love shows like that. xo Diana

Vee said...

That house is huge! ☺️ The one you are painting. My goodness! No wonder it has taken awhile. Glad that the end is in sight.

The snow gives that brown a little lift until the greening comes.

Sandi said...

I've never heard of that show. When was it on?

Happy@Home said...

I know that you will be thrilled when the painting is completely finished. It sounds like it won't be long now. I hope it sells fast for you this time.
What a fun surprise from Ken. I have not seen that series before. I'll have to look into it.

ellen b. said...

I've never seen Last of the Summer Wine. That was a nice surprise to come in the mail. Glad that you are seeing the end of the tunnel with the painting project. Here's hoping you get good activity and a sale in April!

Dianna said...

Our weather was very similar today! I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning and saw the snow on the ground and then coming down out of the sky! :) Oh well, snow never lasts long this time of year anyway.

Congratulations on having so much of the old house painted! I know you are excited to have it on the market and have it sold!

Granny Marigold said...

I think I would have enjoyed walking in that snow coming down in big flakes. But it's nice that it didn't stay.
What a nice surprise your husband arranged for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- You certainly know how best to fill in your day- by comparing I'm virtually at a stand still! Great your near completing the House painting- hope the sale goes well in the near future for you and Ken. Rain here to-day in Autumn, though warm days and cool nights- very pleasant after a long hot summer. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the dusting of snow looks pretty. I am sure you will be happy when the painting is done and the house is listed again. What a nice surprise from your hubby! Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I didn't realise you like British comedy. What other British programs do you like? (please don't say Downton Abbey - I never remained awake through a whole episode).

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Your view towards the sun really stands out.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Always such pretty photos on your walks! I have never seen the series of "Last of the Summer Wine".......the coverers make them all appealing. How sweet and thoughtful of your husband! Hope you get all of your painting done so that you can enjoy a Klondike and a movie!

Lisa said...

Ken is such a charm. I have never seen these series.
Lisa

Adam said...

First I've heard of the show.

Carol W. said...

I love Last of the Summer Wine! I used to watch it on PBS years ago, but we have no TV now. What a wonderful gift Ken got you, DVDs of the whole series! Now you can watch Compo, Nora Batty, and the whole bunch whenever you want! Tell Ken he did good!

M.K. said...

Klondike bars are SO delicious, but they are fattening and I am tubby ... so I must avoid. :(
Last of the Summer Wine was a family favorite for many years. My mother loved that show, esp. Compo, although they all are just hilarious and delightful. They felt like members of our community. It's so great to have that whole set! Enjoy them!