Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Blessed Assurance


We sing all the old hymns at our church.
This was one of them that we sang this morning.

Blessed Assurance

1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

chorus

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
  Praising my Savior all the day long.
 
2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

3. Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Lyrics - Fanny Jane Crosby
Music Phoebe Palmer Knapp


I John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;
that YE MAY KNOW that you have eternal life 
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 

A Blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Loves Us
happyone ❤️

15 comments:

William Kendall said...

A beautiful sky!

Granny Marigold said...

I love that old hymn.

Tom said...

...Karen, I hope that you had a great day!

Terra said...

I recently bought the Alan Jackson CD "Precious Memories" and the first song on it is Blessed Assurance, so I hear it often and sing along.

Carol W. said...

Amen! A beautiful post! God's blessings to you!

NanaDiana said...

I love those old songs-grew up with them. I love the modern music, too, but there is nothing like those old hymns. Have a wonderful week. xo Diana

Vee said...

It is a beautiful hymn and has an upbeat tempo. Now I’ll be humming along...

ellen b. said...

Love this great hymn!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful Bible verse. Thanx.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely hymn. Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

Kerri Farley said...

One of my FAVORITE hymns!

Henny Penny said...

I enjoyed reading the words to that hymn. The old hymns are my favorite. Hope you're having pretty weather now. I've looked back at the two posts I missed. Your new home is so pretty.

Lisa said...

One my old time favorite hymns. Now Ill be singing it the rest of the day. Thanks. haha.
Lisa

Aritha V. said...

Thank you so much. I needed to read this hymn today. xxx

Hill Top Post said...

This is one of my favorite hymns. We used to sing it almost every Sunday when I was a kid. I know the words by heart.