Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 22, 2019

Spring Snow

29 degrees this morning and windy for my walk with snow flurries.
Walked to town.

As I was just getting to town Ken passed me in the car on the
way to meet Edd for breakfast.
Then they are off to the 'sale' where Ken brought some stuff
yesterday to auction off.
I was glad to see he went in the car and not the truck.
Now he won't be able to bring other junk back home. 😃

I walked straight through town and then down to 
the ball park and walked around there.
After a quick loop around town I headed back home.

Didn't take any pictures while walking, nothing caught my eye.
Didn't even get a peek at the sun on this walk.
Not complaining though, at least I got to walk! 😃

Walked 6 miles
🌨     🌨
No painting this morning because Ken went out.
I guess I could have went alone but that's no fun.

I have a collection of little planters and here are three of them.
I've collected them over the years in different antique shops we stop in at.
The duck is one that I gave my gramma with a plant in it for Easter
many years ago when I was a little girl.
Gramma saved it and when I started collecting them she gave it back to me.
 I made some weave-it squares for the next baby blanket.
This one is going to be all different colors.
I've gotten 13 done and have 57 more to do.
I'll be making some more later in the evening.

The snow flurries from this morning turned into a more significant
snow fall later in the day.
A look out in back of my house at 2:30 this afternoon.

I'm sure tomorrow it will be gone.
I'd rather have the snow than the rain, at least it is pretty to look at.

  That's it for today.
 A happy day to you.
happyone 
🍭

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I expect to wake up tomorrow to sights like these pictures. Spring is on hold.

Rose said...

Oh, those snow shots just pull at my heartstrings...they have a silent beauty that I LOVE.

Carol W. said...

Your little planters are so precious! Have a blessed weekend!

Dianna said...

We had snow this afternoon too, but you have a good bit more than we did. Ours didn't last long at all and for a while, it was ice here rather than snow.

Glad you didn't go to the old house to paint today with Ken out having fun. :)

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Wow! The photos of the snow on the trees looks very much like winter and super cold looking- glad you had your walk earlier. Your little ceramic planters are a delight - all with special memories for you. Thanks for posting. Cheers. KEV.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first snowy picture is absolutely breathtaking.That one should be enlarged and hung on a wall.I love it.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I was glad to see you say, "Didn't take any pictures while walking, nothing caught my eye." Now that I've been walking around Green Lake for 22 days, it seemed that way this morning. As it turned out I ended up with just a few pics to chose from for today's post. I guess that's the way it will be from time to time. I also agree snow is better than rain, unless I have to drive in it. Have a great weekend ahead!

Granny Marigold said...

Snow is definitely prettier to look at than rain.

I like the little planters. I've seen some at the thrift store and have been tempted to start yet another collection but so far I have resisted.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Those trees in the snow are very beautiful. I love snow...guess I need to move north!

Hill Top Post said...

I just love your snowy spring day pictures! I wouldn't go painting by myself either! :~)

William Kendall said...

Cute planters!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Love those planters. The snow does not seem to go away, does it?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The planters are adorable. I heard western Maryland was getting some snow. We had a cloudy day and cold night. Your snowy scenes are pretty. Enjoy your day and weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those little planters and I have one like the bunny. Hope today was nicer for your walk. We will go this afternoon and plan to try a new trail. I can't wait! Hugs!

Adam said...

A nice "spring" day

Retired Knitter said...

My favorite is the green planter!

Vee said...

I agree that snow is better than rain. Rain makes such a mess this time of year. Those little planters are so darling. I wish that I had not given away all the ones I received. One of my favorites was a little lamb with a blue ribbon...must have been for Adam.

Had to chuckle that you appreciated that Ken didn’t take his truck. But what if he finds something really good?

Happy@Home said...

Your planters are so sweet and I like how the one has a story behind it. What a nice way to remember your Grandma.
Although I am ready for Spring, there is something about snowy scenes that is so pretty.

Lowcarb team member said...

Snow does look pretty, I like your last two photographs.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That view was quite stark. I'm beginning to say that I enjoy snow over rain, especially this time of year when rain equal mud! Hope hubby was able to sell off some of the stuff!