Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 08, 2019

Outside Walking πŸ˜ƒ

When I looked out of the window early this morning there
was nothing falling from the sky, it wasn't windy, no ice on the roads,
and the temperature was 21 degrees F.
So I got dressed, put on my walking shoes and headed out the door.

Our driveway was a bit slippery so I slipped the Yaktrax 
on over my shoes.  When I got to the end of the driveway I took
them off and picked them up again when I got back.

Walking down my road there were quite a few deer about.
Saw 8 of them in the field all in a row and then a little
way farther along 7 more in the woods.
My phone doesn't take zoom photos so this is the best picture I could get.
 Saw more deer walking in ones and twos which brought the total to 20.

When I got to the end of my road just about a mile from home instead of
turning left to the main road I turned right and walked up
the hill and turned around just up ahead from where I took this picture.
Must be turkey tracks.
 After turning around and walking down the hill I passed my street up
and kept walking to the main road.

Walked to town and up to the cemetery on the hill.
Couldn't walk around it because it was snow covered.

I noticed that the barn down by the Drane house that has looked like
it was about to collapse any moment finally did.
The weight of the snow and the wind was just too much for it.
Walking toward home once again on the main road I passed by
a car on the side of the road with a woman sitting there writing.
We waved and I kept walking.
About a quarter of a mile farther a State Trooper put on his lights
and pulled over by me and asked if that was my vehicle broken down up ahead.
I told him no, but thanks for asking.
He stopped by the car and talked to the woman and then kept going.

Walking the last half mile from home a few snow flakes started falling
and by the time I got in the house it was snowing!

Sure was nice to get an outside walk in.
Walked 6 miles 
🦌     🦌     🦌
Back to the old house after breakfast and got a few more hours of
painting done.
Kitchen, dining, living, den, foyer, and hall all done now.
I painted 2 coats in my old office.
Still need one more maybe two more coats on it.
Ken does the cutting in and I use the roller.

Home this afternoon, I knitted on Ken's slippers and am just
about done.  Will finish today.
Looking forward to reading, watching a NYPD Blue episode
and having some ice cream.
Haven't had any for the last few days.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️
✏️
Comment Replies:
Kev - Yes, modules are a good idea and Ken has done them too at one time.  We have no plans of moving again so this layout should be good for years and years. 😊

Pam - I do like winter and the snow we get but yes, about now I am ready for it all to go away till next winter! I am ready for Spring. 🌻 🌷 🌺

13 comments:

Rose said...

I am looking forward to seeing those socks! Instead of a coat of many colors, socks of many colors! So glad for you to get to be outside...I can tell you so enjoy it and I used to. My job for years was at an apple orchard so was outside all day for the most part!

Adam said...

Been awhile since I've seen deer, though one was hit on the side of the road last week.

Vee said...

So glad that you got your walk outdoors! πŸ¦ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ŒπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ŒπŸ¦ƒThings are looking up...

Ruth Hiebert said...

The phones are great for most pictures, but lack when it comes to zooming.You still got a good picture of the deer.It shows them in their natural setting.

Tom said...

...it's nice that you were able to be out today, it was 7F at 6:00 this morning.

Hill Top Post said...

I would be totally thrashed if I had walked six miles and spent a few hours painting. Your pictures are always so good; makes me wonder what kind of phone you have. Of course, I know that the best time of day to take pictures is early morning when yo are out for your morning walk. Spring is slowly trying to come on in, but she is having a hard time of it this year. I still had to wear my winter coat with hood up today. I like wearing nothing on my head.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that you could walk outside and nice that the snow didn't start until you got back home.

William Kendall said...

You got a lot done!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That first photo of the reindeer is excellent, because it shows how well they blend with the background.

God bless.

Kerin said...

Yay! Happy for you that you were able to have a day in which you could walk outside!!

Have a happy weekend.
~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is great you got your walking done outside. I know how much you enjoy walking outdoors. Love the shot of the deer. I am looking forward to seeing the spring flowers again. Enjoy your day and weekend!

ellen b. said...

Yippee for being able to walk outside. We did some snowshoeing on Friday. We saw some deer high stepping in the snow. Wow...that barn really did collapse. That was nice of the patrol officer to stop and ask. Sounds like you are making good progress on painting. Hope you have a great weekend.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, This is just a great post and congrats on getting out there and getting 6 miles done. Someday, maybe in a couple of months, I'm going to go for 6 just to see what it's like. It takes me an hour to do about 3, so guess I better plan on a couple of hours. Your photos here are great, as always. I see that you are using your phone ... did you give up carrying a small camera? I also see that you mentioned going to your old home. Just curious ... are you going to sell the old one or keep both for a while? Thank you so much for your comments on my blog and encouraging my walking! Have a great weekend and say HI to Ken.