Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 07, 2019

Colored Eggs

I can't believe that once again this morning it was very cold and snowing.
The sun did come out this afternoon though.
Warmer weather is predicted for the weekend so I may be walking
outside once again very soon.
Here's a picture out the back window.
You can see the ice there under the snow which makes it very slippery.
These wooden eggs were painted quite a few years ago.
I repainted them today and put them in a little basket,
and then put them on the shelf here.
Went out to pick up a couple things from the store but other than
that we've been home all day.
Was able to spend a good chunk of time reading.
Worked some on the latest jigsaw puzzle too.
A Netflix came in the mail today so we will be watching
NYPD Blue this evening.

A happy day to you.
happyone
Comment Replies:
Kev - Ken is working on layout number 3. When we move he has to tear it down and just makes another one.  Gives him something to do on these cold winter days.
The video you saw were of his old layouts.
This new one he just started working on this winter.  
Here are a couple pictures from his latest layout.  

20 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I have some old eggs I should paint, too. Trying to decide whether to drag Easter out here or not this year--we will be gone part of the time.
Have fun watching your Netflix. Those are always fun winter evenings. xo Diana

Rose said...

Oh, yes, I could see the ice. One year here there was ice on top of the snow and we could walk on it without going through. The kids went over to some trails where there is a little hill about 10 foot high and almost wore the seat of their pants out sliding down it without a sled! (After last year, I avoid ice at all costs almost!LOL)

William Kendall said...

One does want to be careful where they step at this time of year, with all of the ice around. That shot reinforces it.

Dianna said...

I love the colors you used to repaint your eggs and they look lovely in your display.

We didn't have any snow today but it did finally make it up to 39 once the sun came out and it also melted a large portion of snow.

Glad you got to do some reading today...and the jigsaw puzzle! Yay!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the soft pastels that you painted the eggs. You have a great eye for decorating.

Tom said...

...I love all the hades of blue of the eggs and the bottles.

Granny Marigold said...

Your pretty wooden eggs made me think of getting my onyx eggs out and on display. I have no idea whether they are genuine onyx or not. They are very heavy.

Vee said...

Those eggs look all brand new again. I really like your shelf...so many decorating possibilities! Yes, I think you’ll be back outside walking soon.

Pom Pom said...

You have lots of Longeberger baskets! I do, too☺️

Onneli Winter said...

Nice eggs :)

Carol W. said...

Ken's new train layout (and old ones) are so expertly done! And I like the new painted eggs, they look so real! Thanks for sharing!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Karen -thank you for showing a couple of photos of Ken's Model Railroad- very inspiring. Perhaps Ken can build with 'Modules' so the Layout can be transported. Regards. KEV.

Adam said...

Cute eggs

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the eggs are cute. I think we are due to warm up this weekend, the snow should melt. Happy Friday, enjoy your day! Have a great weekend!

Pam said...

Love the basket of wooden eggs. Those are very nice. Snow....not here in TN. Nothing but RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN. So over it. Temps are trying to make their way up but then the next day, cool again. Not sure how you feel about it but come this time of yr, the snow needs to be moving out. Have a great day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yet more snow. Will it never end? It's cold here too.

God bless.

Melanie said...

I love the subtle colors of the eggs you repainted. That shelf with the baskets is so pretty! I hope you can outdoors soon to walk. I know you love to do that. It does look slippery and cold from your photo. We have rain again today but it's a light rain. I always preferred getting the DVDs from Netflix. The DVDs have all the good choices of the old vintage movies that I love. The streaming service not so much.

Happy@Home said...

A very pretty egg transformation. I brought out my collection of Easter eggs this week as I'm craving Spring color. Your shelves look like a lot of fun to play with. Keeping my fingers crossed for your return to outdoor walking.

ellen b. said...

I like the eggs and your display with baskets on the open shelves!

Henny Penny said...

The eggs you painted are so pretty. That sounds like a fun thing to do. Sure hope you get to walk outside again soon.