Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 06, 2019

A paint spill

Morning started out with snow, a temperature of 6 degrees,
and windy.
Yup, more walking in the basement.

We were waiting for the snow plow to come up our road before
 driving down to the old house do some more painting,
but got tired of waiting so at 9:30 we left anyway.
Here we are driving down the road just 1/4 mile from our house.
I had a bit of a mishap and spilled some paint on the rug!!
Ken heard me saying bad, bad and came over.
We sopped up as much as we could and then poured water over it and
kept blotting it up with paper towels and now you can't tell paint
was ever there!!

We treated ourselves to a lunch at Burger King.
Had the spicy nuggets which were pretty good.

Did a few errands in town.
Dropped off the water bill, still have to pay that for the old house!
Went to the post office and the library.
Dropped off a couple of books and picked up An Echo in the Bones
which I had on reserve.
Started reading it when I got back home though I really didn't want
to start another book until I finished the book club book.

We had a little sun (very little) once in a while but it stayed
very cold and windy with snow showers all day.

That's been my day so far.
Off we go now to church.

 A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Dianna - Forgot to answer your question yesterday.  The Keen walking shoe is my normal size, but the hiking shoe I got a half size bigger.

John - When we moved Ken had to pretty much destroy his train layout.  He did save a bunch though.  He is now working on a new layout and has been working on it all winter.

16 comments:

Rose said...

I know you must be tired of walking in the basement, but oh that is a winter wonderland you are driving in. It is so beautiful. (We did have sunshine and blue skies today, still a bit on the chilly side though.)

Adam said...

Goof off sometimes works, depending on the color of the rug.

William Kendall said...

That snowy view suits me!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would hate to get out in that much snow but I know when you live there, it isn't as big a deal...you learn to drive in it! Glad you got the paint off the rug and even got another good book to read. I need to read tonight. I have more than one book going now too! Hugs!

Dianna said...

what a blessing that the paint spill came up so easily. I bet you two are getting tired of painting. Lunch out sounds like a good idea after the morning you had.

Thanks for answering my question about the shoes. I won't need any hiking shoes...at least not until I get started back with my walking routine. I need the snow to melt. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! I'm glad the paint stain was relatively easy to get out.You must be almost finished with the repainting of that house.

Vee said...

Gosh! You really are getting hit with some nasty winter weather. So glad that the rug is no worse for the spill. Phew!

Kerin said...

Drat! Sorry about the paint spill...that had to be so frustrating.
Sounds as though it all worked out ok though.

We had to pay utilities on two houses for a while as well, and it sure wasn't any fun!
Hoping that you sell the old house very soon!!

I sure was thinking about all this rain that we are getting and feeling thankful that it isn't come as snow, for that would make it treacherous to drive in, and it would be dangerous to have all that weight on the rooftops.

Hope you have some nice outdoor walking weather very soon.

Smiles :)
~K.

Hill Top Post said...

Brrr! That's cold. Thank goodness for the basement. We are starting to warm up here, and happy we are. It was not a year for snow here, but it seems to me you have had a long winter with lots of the white stuff. I loved your pictures on yesterday's post!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen. Very cold there with huge amounts of snow - it has been 82 Deg F here which is pretty warm for early Autumn - we could use a bit of your Snow. I'm confused- the photos and video of Ken's Model Railroad which I've viewed - is it all no longer and Ken is starting again from Scratch in your New Home? Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Been busy ...

God bless you always.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You do keep busy! I am glad you were able to get the paint off the rug. Pretty snowy scene! Wishing you a happy day!

Happy@Home said...

It is looking very wintery in your area. I imagine you are more than ready to get outside for your walks once again. So glad to hear that the paint spill was easily taken care of.

Debby Ray said...

I always panic when I spill paint...so glad it all came out!

Tom said...

...spilling paint, something that I'm quite good at!

ellen b. said...

Whoa! Glad you were able to clean up the paint spill. It looks like we might be coming out of the deep freeze around here. Hope you have a good weekend.