Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Blue Sky

No snow falling out of the sky this morning but it was pretty cold
out there at 8F degrees.
Back down in the basement again.
Though it stayed cold all day and never did make it out of the
teens, the sun was shining and we had a bright blue sky.
Went outside late morning and chopped the ice off
the driveway so now we can go up and down the driveway
with ease again.
Nice to be outside in the sun and I walked around the yard.
Inside I got some house cleaning done.
It used to be that I'd clean the whole house in a day.
Now a days I give myself a cleaning goal for the day and just do 
a little each day.
Now I don't feel like I waste a whole day cleaning.
 Today was washing sheets,
vacuuming and dusting the bedroom,
and cleaning a bathroom.

Knitted some more on Ken's slippers and almost have one of them done.
Will probably finish the one later this evening.

Oh, by the way, 5:15 it clouded up and down came the snow once again!!!

That's been my day.
Hope yours was a good one and you too got to see some sunshine.
happyone  ❤️


Comment Replies:
RT - I don't like to buy shoes on line either without trying them on.  That is why I try them on in person to find the ones that fit and then order them on line.  I knew exactly what I was getting.

17 comments:

Rose said...

Bitter cold here today, and we had snow flurries all day long. Sometimes it even snowed kind of hard, but it was fine snow and did not amount to anything. Maybe we will get some of your blue skies tomorrow.

Tom said...

...I hope to see sights like these on my return this week. Wearing wool socks instead of going barefoot will take a bit of getting use to.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful blue skies. Glad you had a break. We are threatened with some more snow after sunny and blue skies today! Have a great evening.

Dianna said...

Wasn't it crazy to look out this evening and see the snow falling from the sky again? It sounds as though we've been having very comparable weather conditions...which kind of surprises me. Yours is usually a lot worse than ours.

Looking forward to seeing Ken's slippers when you have them finished.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure has been a snowy winter! I know you're glad for a big basement so that you can walk some every day. I'm the same way with clothes or shoes. I tried the clothes on in a store before I ordered them from Amazon to make sure of the sizes. Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

Sandi said...

Spectacular view!

Granny Marigold said...

Like you I just do some housework each day with the hope that it all gets done eventually. And it does.
That's a great idea about buying shoes on line and being sure they will fit.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Very nice looking Snow scene there - very cold too...I've not seen Snow- only on distant hills in thawing patches...never actually seen Snow falling. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I must admit, the snow looks pretty, even though it is probably too cold.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty view and a beautiful blue sky! We are having a cold spell, I hope it ends soon. Cleaning all day is not fun, I have already swept the floors this morning. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Lisa said...

Pretty sky. I see sunshine this morning. I hope its stays around.
Lisa

Vee said...

It sure is pretty. Now it can just go. You have the photos! 😁 It certainly has been one of the coldest weeks of winter all over. I like how you do housework. It is exactly how I do my own. Life is growing shorter and I don’t have the desire to clean all day every day as I once did. I used to say we were very clean or very dirty. 😏

Kerin said...

Those blue skies and sunshine sure can be deceiving especially considering the single digit temperatures...brrr!

Wishing warmer weather for you, and lots of sunshine :)

~K.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I spent January and February thinking about whether I should stop blogging after 8 years. I finally decided I needed to "reimagine" my format and give it another try. In the last few years I have always found your blog, Life is Good, to be a real inspiration. Your photos are excellent and I admire the way they sort of make a journal for you of your walks. You walk way more than I do but I'm now into a new year's resolution to walk about 3 miles every day and so far I'm on track. Thank you for your recent comments and encouragement. Your pictures in this post of the snow are just great! I also enjoy and appreciate the way you incorporate spiritual thoughts into the blog. Thanks again and do say HI to Ken. I wonder if he has any new videos up and I will go check now. John

Melanie said...

We are in the 20s today but at least we have sun! I'm thankful for that. I do better with house cleaning if I have a schedule and do a chore a day as you are doing. With a 1 bedroom apartment though I tend to do more than just that - maybe dusting one day and vacuum and mopping the next.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sunshine makes even a cold day seem better.