Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 04, 2019

Barn Collective

Linking up with Tom today on the Barn Collective.
Took this picture last week in Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
🐄     🐄     🐄
Back here at home the snow continues.
This was this morning out of our bedroom window.
So put on my walking shoes and had a walk in the basement.
Talking about walking shoes while we were visiting David last week he told
me about Keen walking and hiking shoes and highly recommended them.
David walks circles around me and loves these shoes so
I thought I'd try some on.
Tried them on while visiting and loved them.  
My feet felt great in them right away.
Found a pair of walking ones and hiking ones and when I got home I ordered
both pair on line. They were cheaper and there is no place around where
I live that carry that brand.
They have arrived in the mail and I've been walking around the basement
in them.  Can't wait to try them out when I get to walk outside again.
They have a nice wide toe area which I really like.
Hiking Shoes/Walking Shoes
 The snow looked like it was stopping about 10:00 this morning
so we bundled up and went outside to dig out of the snow.
That lull in the snow didn't last long though and before long it was coming
down again.  I shoveled the snow away from the garage doors.
Ken tried using the tractor to clear the driveway and it was
working for a while but then he couldn't get back up the driveway.
We need to get chains for the tires.
This afternoon I started knitting a pair of slippers for Ken.
These slippers will be pretty colorful because I'm using
up left over yarn from other projects.
Will post a picture when I finish them.

Finished reading The Long Way Home by Louise Penny and liked it a lot.
Next book up is the one for my book club meeting next week.
As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner

Didn't go to Brenda's for half price pizza this evening and didn't 
have our home made pizza either this time.
We tried one of those Boboli pizza crusts.
It was pretty good.
Back to knitting and reading.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...Thanks Karen for sharing this well experienced barn. I will check out these shoes, I have wide feet like a duck. It's a job to find comfortable ones. Let's hope that spring is around the corner.

Vee said...

Yay for good shoes! Very important to take care of your feet. The snow looks very similar to the amount and time frame that was in my corner. I am so done with it though. I need some green. Either that, or I need a pill.😏

Granny Marigold said...

Good walking shoes are so important, aren;t they just! I'm glad you found some you like. Now if only the snow would melt and you could try those shoes out outside. Here the paths in the park are now dry so no more fear of slipping. But I am so tired of snow and ready for Spring.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I will have to check out those shoes. I have never heard of the brand and they may not be available in Canada,but I will check.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'd like to try on some of those shoes if I get a chance. It makes such a difference to have the right shoes to walk or hike. I wear Montrails here in Florida where most of our trails are flat. We have some hills but they aren't usually steep or rugged. When I bought my Columbia shirts, I found them on Amazon for a lot less money if I was willing to take odd colors...which I was! lol Hugs!

Rose said...

Love that barn photo! You sure have had the snow! We got a skim yesterday but just enough to cover the yard. Sidewalks and streets melted as soon as it hit.

I hope you enjoy your shoes...

Dianna said...

Thanks so much, Karen, for sharing about the hiking and the walking shoes. I really appreciate you mentioning about having a lot of space at the toe. I need that. I've looked them up online and will probably order a pair of walking shoes before much longer. Do the sizes run like what you would normally buy?

Ivy Green said...

Keens are great shoes, come in numerous styles, I have a dozen pairs. Visited their headquarters in Portland a while back. Very good company.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

These boots are made for walking ...

God bless.

Melanie said...

Let us know how the new shoes feel once you get outside in them. I'm looking for some good ones that won't break the bank!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

love the barn scene. You have lots more snow there, we have a couple of inches on the ground that will not melt. It is too cold. I will check out those walking shoes, I need good shoes for hiking. Wishing you a happy day!

Happy@Home said...

Good shoes are so important for a dedicated walker like you. I hope you are able to give them a test drive outside soon. They look sturdy and comfy. Looking forward to seeing Ken's new slippers.

Lisa said...

Im always trying to snap photos of barns when we go on trips. I usually wait to late to get a good one. Ha.
They are always so pretty. Even the run down barns that are falling in.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

I think you must be getting all of our moisture...only in the form od snow. We have TONS of rain this winter and only one snow in early December. I am ready for some spring!

ellen b. said...

Interesting barn.
Keen shoes really are a good brand. Pricey but good. I was so pleased to find a good pair of Keen boots at Goodwill. I've been wearing them for snowshoeing.
Soon enough you'll be walking outside with them!

Henny Penny said...

So much snow up there and so much rain down here. Can hardly wait for some sunny spring weather. I really like how those shoes look.

o2bhiking said...

I've worn Keens for hiking and backpacking for the last nine years or so and swear by them. But shoes are a very personal choice. Like the barn!

Retired Knitter said...

I never heard of Keen walking shoes. I'll have to check around here. I am not good at ordering shoes by mail. I have problem feet!

William Kendall said...

Your last view is my favourite.