Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Nice while it lasted

There was a light dusting of snow over night but no snow falling this morning.
It was 27 degrees F and VERY WINDY.
A mix of sun and clouds.
Walked to town once again.
This is the main road to town.  Have just walk 1 1/2 miles to this point.
Dropped a Netflix in the slot at the post office and then walked around town.
Over by the edge of the library parking lot I spotted these beginning 
daffodils popping up in the snow.
The first ones I've seen this year.
 Then headed back home again.
This the last curve on the hill up to my house.
I live right around the bend.
I forget who but someone asked if I walk up a lot of hills.
YES, my pedometer tells me on my walk today 
that it was equivalent to walking up 1,404 stairs.
Walked 6 miles
⛅️     ⛅️
More painting this morning at the old house!

Not so warm this afternoon like the last couple of days
so we stayed inside today just doing a bit of this and that.
The temperature made it up to 32 F.

Finished the puzzle we've been working on.
We decided that this was the last one for this season.
It was a challenge but not so hard that it was frustrating.
A nice quiet evening at home like most nights.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - Not so good to compare yourself to others.  Some will be better, some will be worse, but whatever YOU do is just right for you.  😃
I don't even own a dryer so I'm really looking forward to my clothes line.  I've been just hanging them on a wooden a drying rack.

Vee - There will be two ways to get to the deck.  The garage door and also the French doors where the wooden fence is.  That fence was to satisfy the inspector for when we moved in.  We took that down yesterday.
The laundry basket emoji showed up on the comment but not in the email.

15 comments:

Rose said...

I am still on the wire about one last puzzle. This one of yours looks hard. Do you have a least favorite color to work? I do, and it is dark greens...LOL

That is a lot of steps!

Vee said...

It may have been warmer here today than there. My brother-in-law and I spent a fair amount of time outside working on getting the sump pump drain clear. Impossible! Absolutely packed with ice. One of those winters for the record books. Oh well, he figured a work around and all will be fine.

Oh that is great that you will have two ways onto the deck. I hadn’t realized those were French doors.

You must get extra something for walking all those hills...like four miles = ten! 😊

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Sure enjoyed this post. That first photo ... I love the early morning light. So in agreement with you about sunrises are God's way of saying Good Morning, have a great day. I sure appreciate your encouraging comments about my walking. Yes, I do plan to keep going after March although I may not post about it everyday. But I do plan to post more frequently than I did in the last couple of years.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The new growth on the daffodils is encouraging. Hope the snow stays away now.

Granny Marigold said...

Those poor Daffodils, trying their best to bloom even in the snow!

Tom said...

...I just got home from my daughter's house, we have about that much snow on the ground now! Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We had the cold and windy but no snow. I have finally seen some daffies popping out of the ground. Pretty sky image and photos. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead!

Kerin said...

Wow! Seeing those daffodils popping their heads through the snow much have put a smile on your face.
Spring will come again...Yay!

We had the snow here again this past week as well.
My sweet husband had two days of meetings and he had to travel about 90 miles. It took him and his co-workers 4 hours to travel that distance as the freeways were so icy.
I say it's time to put away the shovels, ice melt, snow blowers, mittens, and hats and bring on the sunshine and daffodils :)

Have a happy day.
~K.

Adam said...

Spring will be here soon enough.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- great photos there- love the sunrise. Good to see your 1000 piece Jigsaw completed....one of my Doctors has his reception room decorated with glass and wooden framed Jigsaws for decor...they look great- all different scenes...some old cottages and nature scenes. All the Best. KEV.

Melanie said...

I just have not gotten around to doing puzzles on a table. I still do them online. Looks cold with the dusting of snow. I hope your weather warms up to stay very soon. We had lovely weather this past week but now it's cold again!

o2bhiking said...

I love seeing the crocuses, always mean spring is coming. That looks like a tough puzzle. You have a sophisticated pedometer!

William Kendall said...

Very moody skies!

ellen b. said...

How fun to spot those daffodils. Glad you could still walk outside again. We have had a nice stretch of sunshine here.

Retired Knitter said...

Karen, I have known you for a pretty long time - and in your response to another commenter you said you don't even own a dryer. I didn't realize that. I know you like to dry thing on the line - but I didn't realize you didn't own a drier. I bet you save a bit of money on not using a drier. They eat up a lot of electric. That is not even a choice for me living in a condo.