Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 15, 2019

Keeping busy

A cloudy morning but a good morning for walking.
43 degrees, no ice and nothing falling from the sky.
It is now light enough for me to leave the house at 6:45 and that
is when I left this morning.
Walking down the hill to the main road I counted 11 deer running
across one of the fields all in a row.
On the way to town I smelled a skunk and the smell got stronger
and stronger as I walked up the hill.
Then there it was dead in the middle of the road.
Must have just happened.
Stopped at the post office to mail a Netflix.
Then walked around town, around the cemetery on the top of the hill
and then headed back home.
Walked 6.2 miles
 ☁️     ☁️
After breakfast and our morning routine we went down to
the old house and had another morning of painting.
Well we lasted two 2 1/2 hours.
This afternoon I started reading another book.
The Lumby Lines by Gail Fraser
which I liked from the first page.
The picture on the first page here
reminds me of a couple of needlepoints I made a few years back.
Put them in black and white because the picture in the book is B & W.
Here they are in color.
Baked another batch of those chocolate cookies this afternoon,
one more to go.
Also made a few more weave-it squares.
There are 40 squares on the right which will be the middle.
I've got 3 of 30 yellow ones done which will be the boarder.

Well that's what I've been up to today.
Hope you've enjoyed your day too. 😃
happyone  ❤️

16 comments:

Rose said...

I love the yellows for the blanket...yellow just makes me happy. The book sounds good, but I dont need any more. I do like your needlepoint!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Glad you're able to walk outside comfortably again. It will be summer before we know it.

Tom said...

...keeping busy, is the story of your life. I get tired just listening to all that you pack into your day. Take care.

NanaDiana said...

You have been a busy girl. Congrats on the 6.2 miles. I am proud of you for doing that!
Love those yellow squares and can't wait to see it all put together.
I hope you have a blessed weekend- xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dianna said...

Love the yellow weave-it squares...this is going to be such a pretty baby blanket.

The needlepoint pictures that you did are so pretty, Karen. You do excellent work!

William Kendall said...

You were quite busy!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A skunk ran fast down the fields once; then it suddenly stopped as the wind changed direction. He said, "Ah ... it all comes back to me now!"

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you were able to walk some of your favorite paths! Love the needlepoint and the pretty yellow squares you are making now. Enjoy your weekend!

Pam said...

With weather like that you need to have things on hand to work on and play with. Great job.

Sue said...

I love hearing of your day, a busy person is a happy person. I am so happy you are able to walk outside as I know how much you enjoy it, as I do too!
Your projects are so lovely, I keep telling myself,that i need start a few project too!
Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

Retired Knitter said...

That weave it square blanket is going to be really beautiful.

ellen b. said...

Those skunks stay fragrant for a long time. We travel a road to town that our DIL's granny calls Skunk Alley. We've experienced several skunk roadkills and the stink that remains. :)
Love your needlepoints! Hope your Saturday is going well.

Hill Top Post said...

You are making good progress on the weave-it squares, which keeps your hands busy, for sure. This will be such a lovely and happy blanket. The first page of the book would be lovely done in needlepoint. Yours are stunning in both color and black and white. I hope you are having a good day.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a busy day.
I do like the yellows you are using for the blanket.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

I'm enjoying the extra light this time of year as well. I've seen a few dead skunks, especially on warmer days they like to get out and about looking for a mate. I'd hate to hit one with my car, for several reasons.