Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 03, 2019

To town route

Up and out walking at 7:20.
Today sunrise was at 7:38 again.
The temperature was 32, it was cloudy and windy.
Usually just keep track of my walk with my Striiv pedometer
but today I also used the walking app on my phone.
This is the route I took.
Started out at the green box.
Walked to town, around town, the ball park loop, both cemeteries
and then back home.
I don't enjoy using the walking app on my walk because
I know that it is timing me and I concentrate too much on how far
and fast I'm walking.  My walk is much more than just exercise.  I like to stop
along the way, take pictures or talk to people I meet.
I used it today because I wanted to get an accurate mile count
on the to town route.  It is 6.2 miles.  I had reset my Striiv the first of the
year and it seemed to be off a bit.  Had to adjust my stride on the Striiv and
now it is accurate again.

Saw a deer walking down to the main road
and noticed some geese have arrived at the little pond in town.
Kathy just getting to town as I was heading out going back home.
☁️     ☁️
We are just tearing through these puzzles.
This one is a 500 piece.
The sun made an appearance this afternoon which sure was nice.  ⛅️

Staying around home today.
Got more housework done,
read and knitted.

Went out to Mountain State Brewery and had an oven baked pizza for supper. ๐Ÿ•
 
A happy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’œ

17 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you enjoy your walks and don't feel pushed to complete them.
We're having pizza for dinner, too.

Tom said...

...you need to stop and smell the roses or what in life.

Michelle said...

I thought of you today as I went for a walk after work. You inspire so many!

Rose said...

I love seeing the geese...we don't have as many around here as we did for a while. I seldom see any fly over the house and for a few years it was a common sight in the fall and spring. I really miss them. Love that puzzle....

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh, thank you for the map! I've wondered where your new hom is in relation to the town. Now I know.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is quite the walk you do. Good to see the geese around.

William Kendall said...

The geese know where the good swimming is.

Hill Top Post said...

That is quite a walk. I walk every day, but not quite so far as you. If I walked 6.2 miles,I probably wouldn't be able to do another thing for the rest of the day. I am catching up here and looking back at your posts a couple of days ago, I thought your snowy scene was beautiful. I never realized your part of the country gets so much snowfall. We have had none so far this winter.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Always get inspired by your 6+ mile walks.

Granny Marigold said...

I feel the same way about my morning walk.... there's always something to enjoy along the way. Today we had record-breaking rainfall and I was cooped up all day. I really missed my walk.

Onneli Winter said...

Happy new year to you <3

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I use a walking app. I plot the whole walk on the app. Look at it and imagine I did the walk. Easy.

God bless.

M.K. said...

I like that puzzle too. It looks like a doll's house, the way you can see inside. I wondered about your walk - now that you are outside of town, I bet it is longer just to see some of the spots you used to walk daily. You are so good to keep in shape like that.

Melanie said...

I've thought about getting a FitBit but I feel a lot like you. I want my walk to be more than just numbers! Plus they are a bit expensive! :) Your 6.2 miles is impressive! Good for you.

Debby Ray said...

Wow...that is a great walk! I don't blame you for not wanting to time it though. Happy Friday!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think that part of the pleasure of walking is sometimes stopping to admire the view, chat with someone etc.

Looks another good puzzle.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

I think I'd like seeing a map of my walks. I'm such an app chicken, though. I'm glad you stop to smell the roses and talk with people along the way.