Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 04, 2019

Couple of train pictures

Another morning with the sunrise time at 7:38.
32 degrees, cloudy and very still.
Walked the 'To Town' route again this morning.
Kathy pulled in the parking lot as I was just about to walk
around one of the cemeteries so
we walked around the cemetery together.
 She continued her walk and I headed back home.
 This doesn't look like much of a hill in the picture but it is.
It is the last quarter mile to home.
Would be interesting to know what the grade is.
Ken and I will have to figure it out one of these days.
 ☁️     ☁️
 My turn coming up again for baking cookies for the Sunday school kids
so baked the first batch of Chocolate Chippers this morning.
🍪     🍪
I've mentioned that we have taken our house in town off the market.
Before we put in back on the market we have decided to give the whole
inside a fresh coat of paint.
We went over there this afternoon to take a look around and made some
notes to do a few other things as well.
Monday we will start the work.
🏡     🏡
Ken has been busy during these winter days
down in the basement working on his HO model train layout.
Here is one of the scenes he is finished with.
I like this scene of a woman taking her morning walk. 😊
🚂     🚂
Never did see the sun today.
Maybe tomorrow.

Read a bit this afternoon.
I've been reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
for a while now and just have the last 100 pages to read.
There are 979 pages.
I think it is the 6th one in the series.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I was wondering how long we'd have to wait to see the new layout...NEAT!

Hill Top Post said...

I think the train scenes stole the show from you today. Really nice! When I photograph my hill it doesn't look so steep either. Those hills are what gives the heart a good workout. I think we should get credit for extra mileage on the steep ones. :~)

William Kendall said...

Amazing details in the tree scenes!

Rose said...

That would be a joy to walk there by your home...you can take a girl out of the country but you never can really take the country out of the girl! I would love to see all the train scenes...I love that girl walking, too.

Adam said...

That's pretty neat.

Dianna said...

Ken does such amazing work, Karen. Great job!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenes from the railroad layout.

Carol W. said...

I like train gardens a lot, they're so much fun to build and run the trains. Good job, Ken!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Magnificent train set.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the train layout! It's so realistic! Looks like some of the puzzles you do! Enjoy your day. I've got a post showing a wildlife sighting I had recently! One that makes you back up and go back the way you came! heehee! Happy weekend!

happyone said...

Yes, I think so too. 😊

Connie said...

I love model trains. Never had one, but when I was a kid I would play with my nephews and their set. Your husband has put a lot of work into his, it is wonderful :)

Vee said...

Gee, who could he have modeled his woman taking a walk after? Does he purchase the figures already done or does he create them himself? I really like that green building. It’s a nice green. We have a big building in town painted green; it is not a nice green.

Sounds as if you’ve got some work ahead with the painting. Wishing you all the best!

CountryMum said...

I have always been fascinated by model trains and as a teenager my more sensible self chose to put money into my glory box (goods to start a home) rather than model trains, but that desire to build model trains has never left me.

happyone said...

Some of the people come as is, others he paints. I told him he should have given the walker gray hair. 😊

Granny Marigold said...

That's a very nice train layout. Some elderly neighbours moved out of their spacious home and into a small apartment leaving their son's large HO layout in the basement because they couldn't find anyone who would take it. It was so very big. Their adult son is mildly mentally handicapped and they had to find a home for him before they moved so he was not able to take it along. All in all it's rather sad. We saw miscellaneous train parts in the recycle bags they had put out this week.

ellen b. said...

That train layout is really cool. Such an interesting hobby. Winter is a hard time to sell a house. Hope your paint and any other things you do will help to sell it in the future.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the train layout is brilliant, so much detail.

All the best Jan