Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

The Lake

Sunrise didn't come here until 7:38, one minute later than yesterday.
Maybe tomorrow it will start going the other way.
It was 32 degrees with a little snow falling and then changed to a misty rain.
Planned on just walking the basement loop till it was light 
but ended up staying in side after all.
The misty rain stopped and the rest of the day was just
cloudy and dreary.
Never made it outside to walk at all today.

After breakfast we went shopping at Walmart.
Went to Oakland this time instead of LaVale.
Had a few other errands to do while we were out too
and then had lunch out also.
On the way home we stopped at the library which I always enjoy.

Did a bit of cleaning this afternoon,
read and knitted.
Still having some frustrating times with the new
computer but seem to be figuring things out eventually.

A happy day to you.
happyone 💕

Didn't take any pictures today.
This picture is of the lake I used to walk around before
we moved up here.
Sometimes I miss it.

15 comments:

Joyful said...

It's a beautiful lake. I can see why you miss it but hopefully you can visit it now and then.

William Kendall said...

A pretty lake.

A bit of time and the new computer will be more familiar.

Sandi said...

Beautiful photo, happyone!

Tom said...

...I'd miss that lake too! I thought that after December 21 the sunrise was earlier each day.

Vee said...

Would you believe that I sometimes miss it, too? I liked that path that went past schoolyard and backyards. Was that the same one? Then there was the first one that went under the highway...I liked that one, too. But I really like these paths and roads in farmland and every now and then you go kayaking so we see water. Perhaps you’ll visit your former trails again some fine day.

Michelle said...

New computers...always a bit frustrating to me. I know you will get it all worked out with some practice.

Rose said...

It was dark and dreary here all day, too.

You will eventually get the hang of the new computer and hopefully will then wonder why you ever had any trouble.

Carol W. said...

Lovely lake! Thanks for sharing!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lake looks lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm looking forward to longer days. Sunrise here today was at 8:03 and the sun set at 4:23.

Lisa said...

I would love to live near a lake like that. So pretty. Its been cloudy and reaching up in the 60's here in the Carolina's the past few days.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

That's a pretty lake. Hope all the kinks of a new computer even out soon!

Pom Pom said...

Of course we miss stuff, don't we? It reminds me to take a few different routes and especially the walks that are close to pretty nature-y sightings.
Weather is changing for the good here, at least temporarily.
Have a happy day and YAY for the library.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Good morning! I just got back from a hike and it was 70 degrees with a nice light breeze. I wish we could walk together but I'm sure I couldn't keep up with you! Enjoy your day! Happy blogging!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice looking lake.
Anything new takes a little time to get used to, and I know you will become more familiar with your computer before too long!

All the best Jan