Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 09, 2019

The scarf

Ken and I stayed up till 1:45 working on the puzzle.
Once we started trying to put pieces together that didn't go
we knew it was time to quit and go to bed!

Didn't wake up till 8:00 this morning and it was 20 degrees,
snowing and very windy so I decided to get my steps down 
in the basement today.
❄️     ❄️

 We took the day off from painting at the old house too
and just spent the day in our nice warm house
doing this and that.

My friend Carol received one of those infinity scarves 
(it doesn't have ends, it is just one big loop) 
from her son for Christmas.
She asked me if I could make it into a regular scarf.
I was a tiny bit hesitant because her son gave it to her
and I didn't want to ruin it.
But I told her I would give it a try.
First I took the seam apart to make it one long scarf.
The ends started to unravel so I got two long knitting needles
and gathered up the stitches on each end on the needles.
Then with the gray yarn that I bought yesterday
I knitted like it was the last row and ended it.
Did that to both sides.
Then I made fringe for each end.
I think it turned out pretty good.
Just glad I didn't ruin it 
and hope that Carol likes it.
 ðŸ§¶     🧣     🧶
Got some laundry done this morning and did
a little reading this afternoon.
It's been snowing and very windy all day long.
No church this evening, it was called off because of the weather. 
So we're home for a nice cozy evening.
 Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Dianna said...

It didn't start snowing here until around 10:00 this morning but it has snowed all day. Our mail lady had a package for me today and when I went out to meet her she said she was having trouble stopping today. People are creeping down our hill so the road must be slick. Glad that you and Ken could stay in where it is nice and cozy tonight.

Adam said...

That is pretty darn cold.

Tom said...

...I'd say that you are mighty clever!

William Kendall said...

It looks well done!

We have light snow falling, and tomorrow the temperature is due to drop throughout the day.

The Furry Gnome said...

Same here. Cozy evenings are nice now and then.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think that scarf looks lovely.At home been cozy is the best place to be on a winter evening.

Vee said...

The scarf looks great! Maybe her son will never notice. I wonder why she didn't like the infinity scarf, though.

Carol W. said...

You did a good job on the scarf ends. It's a lovely scarf and I'm sure she'll love it! Have a blessed evening.

Rose said...

Oh, I think that made that scarf just perfect...a very nice touch. I posted pics of the puzzle I have been working on at my Pics & Pieces blog...I don't think I will start another one. But it might be hard to resist...we are supposed to get snow this weekend.

Linda said...

You did a great job with the scarf! And your day sounds lovely. There's something special about being in a snug warm home on a cold winter's day.....

Hill Top Post said...

I could almost be a bit envious of your snowy day. The past two winters we had almost no snow, and none so far this one. It really is quite special to be all cozy and warm inside while snow is falling all around. Well, the winter is still young, so maybe we will still get at least one snowy day.

Aritha V. said...

Well done. I love the scarf, it is better so ❤️

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is an infinity scarf one that you wear for ever?

God bless.

Lisa said...

You did a great job on the scarf. I would have not had the guts to attempt that. Your good!
Lisa

Kerri Farley said...

It looks like it turned out great!!

o2bhiking said...

That is late to work on a puzzle (or anything else!) I'd be cross-eyed long before then. Pretty scarf!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the scarf looks great.
We have chilly weather but no snow yet …

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

Nice work! The scarf is beautiful.

M.K. said...

Nice job on the scarf - that's not easy to do! Some people prefer the infinity style, and some definitely prefer a normal, long scarf. It looks good.