Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Sky

A mild morning today on my walk.
44 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds and quite windy at times.
My walk was just like yesterday.
Walked to town and around there, joined Kathy for a couple of 
miles and then headed to the old house for another morning of painting.

On the way to town I spotted five deer walking up the lane.
I know they are always around but haven't seen any for a while.

Took some pictures of the sky this morning.



The morning was spent with more painting of the kitchen cabinets.
Ken went around finding more nails to take out of the wall and working
more on the wall down in the basement.

We plan to just work on the house mornings until it is done.
Came home for lunch and did a few things around the house.
Left to meet some friends for a few games of bowling.
Before bowling we stopped at Walmart.
Wanted to see if they had yarn that I could match up for a little project 
that a friend asked me if I could do for her.
Happy to say I found just the right yarn.
Tomorrow will post and explain the little project.

Had fun bowling. 🎳
There were six of us there.
My scores for today:
137
126
127
in that order.
Afterward we all went to Perkins for supper.
I had Hibachi Grilled Shrimp
which was very good.
Now home for a relaxing evening.
It's been a good day.
Life is Good
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  ❤️

16 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, those are beautiful skies...we had lovely skies all day long, but was driving so I could not take any photos. The wind would about blow our Rav off the road. (Just a slight exaggeration)

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Angie said...

Life IS good. I went snow-shoeing this afternoon for 90 minutes, and just reveled in the beauty of a snowy landscape. But I did not have skies like yours, so thanks for sharing these stunning photos! And well done with your bowling scores … Belated Happy New Year! I hope 2019 continues to bring you joy and peace.

Tom said...

...I must say that your sky today and your dinner sure look a lot better than mine!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies. Sounds like a good schedule of work and play!

Adam said...

Good bowling scores

Vee said...

Much different sort of day than yours...Your meal looks delicious. Your bowling scores are very good.

Dianna said...

Your sky pictures are amazing, Karen!

Michelle said...

Looking forward to seeing/hearing about your project. Home today, so I am off for a walk:)

William Kendall said...

Glorious skies!

Hill Top Post said...

You always capture great sky pictures, especially in the early morning. My favorite is the first one above.

Debby Ray said...

What beautiful skies! We have been having some lovely color here as well but I seem to always miss the opportunity...living in the woods is not great sometimes! Your food looks amazing!

Happy@Home said...

Pretty how the clouds began to thin a bit and reveal more blue sky.
I hope your cabinet painting will be just the thing to make the sale on your old house.
I'll be interested to see what your latest yarn project is going to be.
By the way I thought of you this morning when I was using my new LG (life is good) washing machine. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Gorgeous sky shots.

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see what the little project is.
I started making my first crochet sweater. I'm excited to see if it works out.
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh those skies … so beautiful.

All the best Jan